softly she cries

" i didn't mean to make you cry ".

-

Two days ago.

I kissed her.

I kissed my best friend.

Guilt took ahold of my soul, and my fingers were tangled on my hair. Frustration was slowly eating away my insides as I angrily tapped my foot.

It's my fault.

There is nothing in this world that I fear the most, other than hurting Hope. Hearing her cry softly inside her room; brings me more pain. Realizing that it's me, who brought such pain and hurt to her heart.

"H-Hope?". I whisper and try to be brave enough to enter the room.

She was in a corner, hugging her knees to her chest— a teddy bear by her side, as a tissue box laid beside her.

My heart softened, but she was crying..

Because of me.

I sighed heavily, and with a shaky hand, placed my hand on her head. I caressed her soft locks, and she flinched a little at the movement of my hand.

"Hope..?".

She raised her head up a little but didn't fully face me.

"Don't hide from me". I held her wrist, and slowly pulled her hand into mine.

Hope had such a captivating gaze when she moved her head up to look at me.

My breath hitched.

'She's so beautiful'. I thought to myself.

The next thing I know is Hope's laugh.

"You think I am?". She bit her lip shyly.

I widened my eyes and felt the heat rush to my cheeks.

"Of course you are". I smiled and wiped the tears on her cheeks.

"...You are so beautiful".