space

❝ space is just a word made up for someone who is scared to get too close ❞.

Josie

I'm often mistaken for the way I hold my feels. But, it was very rainy. The sky didn't seem to stop crying, and the pain that lingers inside my heart was ruthless.

How did I fall this hard for her?

Once again, I'm a waterfall.

The tears that trickled down my cheek, are demanding for the rest to be set free, but what's the point of holding on anymore?

I've been holding on, to broken vows, made by someone that I loved.

The door opens, but the panic that rushes through my body is nothing but a flame that embraced my bloodstream.

Am I really that much of a disappointment?

My best friend sits beside me and keeps the space between us. She was still here.. checking up on me every now and then.

"Why are you.. so far?". I rasped.

Her silence was as sharp as the spikes inside of my heart. But, who was I to demand as such affection?

"Are you scared?". Once again, I question but when I look at her, she simply shrugs, but the way that she stared at the bottle in my hand, made me almost sob harder.

But, I closed my eyes.

I tried to reopen them to a different reality. But, that would never work. She isn't here.

She's with someone else.

"Are you scared to get close to me.. Hope?".

Her eyes instantly watered up.

"No, but I'm scared and tired of seeing you hurting..".