Get in one's hair - 1

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

❝ To annoy someone ❞

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

"I do not know any Mikey, leave me alone."

"Oho, it's kind of contradictory to what Emma said, though!" Hina poked my cheeks, her mouth quirking as if she couldn't decide whether to smile or erupt into a burst of full-blown laughter.

I blew a steady stream of frustrated air, my angry gaze slicing to her amused countenance. The last thing I wanted was to have that... that moment ingrained in the walls of my brain, but guess what? I had it completely implanted inside my brain and my heart.

"I'm gonna say it, I'm a little sad you didn't tell me anything about it. Like, if it wasn't for my extremely sharp observation skills, I'd have never known that you liked Mikey." She let her head rest against the headboard of my bed, her tone brimming with jubilation, "But on the other hand, I think even a five-year-old can see how much you guys are whipped for each other so I'm not going to say anything."

"I'm not going to say anything and then you proceed to keep saying things."

She grinned, "It's been so long since I've seen you like this, Y/N. All blushy and confused."

"I'm not blushy."

"Did you guys kiss? Be honest."

The way she entirely disregarded my response made my eye twitch in annoyance, but I decided not to make any comment because I feared she might find a way of proving me wrong.

"No."

"Yikes. Then do it right now."

"I don't even want to face him again...." My words came out as a soft groan, "This is absolutely mortifying. What makes it worse is that it was an almost kiss and I initiated it without even knowing if he wanted it and I don't know I'm such an embarrassment—"

A pillow was thrown at my face, cutting my words short. "If you feed me this bullshit again I'm going to knock you cold."

"Do not perceive me. I don't exist."

"All I've seen in Mikey's eyes for you is affection. A shit ton of it. And I've seen it longer than you even realised you liked him."

"Please, I don't believe in this average romance novel 'saw it in his eyes' thing. I want words before I off myself! I can't keep assuming things because what if it's only me?"

"Dude... he's giving you actions, are they not enough?" Hina paused for a brief moment to analyse my face, then continued, "It's all up to you, but I don't think avoiding each other will do any good to you guys."

"I won't avoid him..." I said under my breath, conflicted between the idea of disappearing from the country forever and risking it all and spilling out everything I'd been holding inside myself to Mikey. The former sounded so much more tempting but I wasn't financially strong enough to do that.

"I hope you don't. I hate it when you think that closing people off will solve things. And.... that guy hasn't even done anything wrong."

I sighed, clasping my hands around my knees.

How did everything become so complicated?

I liked it when love didn't mean a pair of arms that gently brushed your skin. I liked it when love didn't mean comparing your partner's smile to poetic metaphors, or finding their laughter akin to wind-chimes. I liked it when love meant plucking the petals of a random wildflower and asking yourself— 'does he love me? or does he not?'