Bite the bullet

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

❝ To endure a painful or otherwise unpleasant situation that is seen as unavoidable

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

"This one is for the boys with the booming system," The volume of the radio was increased to a deafening level, as Mikey and I sang our hearts out to Super Bass with Hina and Takemichi in the backseat crying for their lives.

"Top-down, AC with the cooler system,"

"When he come up in the club, he be blazin' up, got stacks on deck like he savin' up,"

'And he ill, he real, he might gotta deal, he pop bottles and he got the right kind of build,"

"Please shut up, I'm begging you two." Hina sounded exasperated, seemingly tired of our bullshit.

That didn't stop us, though.

"He cold, he dope, he might sell Coke, he always in the air, but he never fly coach-," I was smacked in the head as my words were swallowed back, giving Hina a... somewhat sorry smile.

"Thank you, Hina, I owe you my life for this."

"Hit Mikey too, he was in on the crime with me!"

Hina didn't. That was heartbreakingly treacherous of her, as I gasped at her unfairness.

"I will never forget this."

"Drive, you lemon."

All four of us were sandwiched inside my already squished car, as we made our way to Chifuyu's pet shop. I agreed to drive them, because I, too, wanted to meet the sunshine boy. Although the mere thought of me having to hold a conversation face to face frightened me.

"Stop the car!"

Mikey's alarmed voice awakened my instincts, making me firmly press the brakes, with all of us getting thrown forward by the momentum.

"What's wrong?" I asked, breathless and terrified, wondering if I accidentally ran over someone.

"CB205T! My beloved, my angel," He gushed at the sight of some.... bike at a store. My jaw clenched in annoyance, my hands balling into fists as I refrained myself from throwing him outside.

"So you made me stop the car— in such a hurry, too, because you saw a motorcycle you like? Say no before I ruin your life."

"Yes, actually, it's one of the most beautiful things I'd ever seen."

Our constant bickering continued as I drove, with Takemichi's failed attempts of trying to be the peacemaker. It was a bit infuriating to have him sit next to Hina, but what else choice did I have? And from the driver's seat, it was very visible that they were enjoying the arrangement.

"We're here. Get out."

The quaint interior of the pet shop filled me with a sense of nostalgia, my eyes glistening with excitement as they landed on the sea of animals.

"I should've brought Skimbleshanks and the others with me, they would've loved to make new friends."

"Instead, I'm hundred percent sure you'll end up getting one more cat from here."

"That's a wonderful idea." Mikey grinned, patting my back.

"Hey! Hey, wait, let me.... I'm here, wait a sec," I recognised the voice in a heartbeat, as a boy emerged from behind the door, holding an extremely fluffy dog, an affectionate string of compliments escaping everyone's lips.