Easy on the eye

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

❝ Attractive, pleasant to look at ❞

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

"I can explain."

"I'm waiting. Go on."

The heavy gaze of my mother made it hard for me to even look up. Judging from the face she made the moment she opened the door, I knew it was going to be one hell of a long day. Emma's perfect little plan was giving me severe anxiety, because I had yet to know anything about it.

All she said was, 'Trust me, just act accordingly. Say yes when I ask you to.'

"I'm her friend, I tagged along because I'd been wanting to celebrate Christmas with her." If I hadn't known it was Emma speaking, I'd have mistaken her for someone else. The way her voice turned soothing within the span of seconds amazed me.

"Oh. And who's this?" Mom pointed at Mikey, who was obeying Emma's strict orders. He wasn't allowed to speak until it was approved by his sister.

Her eyes were plastered on me the whole time, making me shudder.

"Her boy—"

"Her brother!" I cut Emma off, spitting out whatever I could think of during that particular moment. Was she planning to get me murdered?

"I assume you're here to drop them off? Do you want to stay for a bit and have some snacks? Since you might be tired, and you'll have to leave soon as well."

She wasn't slick. I knew she was trying to shoo him away without sounding blatantly rude about it.

"He's— he's staying the night."

I felt Emma's hand tightly grip mine, as if warning me to not continue. I no longer wanted her to execute her strategy, because that meant my demise. I'd lived with this woman for years, I was sure I'd find a way to get out of this.

"Staying..... the night?"

I gulped, the glint in her eyes radiating a threatening aura.

"My grandfather was worried about us, so he sent Mikey— my brother— with us. It's alright if he can't stay over-"

"He can." I interrupted, not knowing what she was getting at. The whole purpose of this was to keep Mikey away from Tokyo, it'd be wasted if we just sent him away.

"I'm afraid he can't. We don't have enough room for four people."

Well, it was going somewhat better than how it went with Takemichi. She didn't immediately start questioning Mikey about his life achievements and his whole biodata.

.....Progress.

"He can have the couch, Emma and I will share my room." I finally gathered the courage to meet her eyes, smiling nervously, "Please? It's not safe for him to return this late."

"It's not that late...." She paused to check the time, sighing softly, "Nevermind. You're right."

Did I just hear things right?

"Mom?"

"It's just one night. Anyway, you kids go rest— not you." She stopped Mikey, as I winced slightly, knowing all too well where this was leading.

I shot a sympathetic look his way before interlocking arms with Emma, while his reaction screamed for me to not leave. Maybe this was payback for all the times he stood back and laughed at my agony.

"Y/N! Why did you stop me midway?" The blonde next to me slapped my back, while I deadpanned, not sure if she was just ignoring the obvious or was too stupid to understand the atmosphere back there.