An awful lot - Theo Raeken

Start from the beginning

"I don't want you to go because..." Theo stopped talking and (Y/N) felt her breathing hitching in her throat.

She knew Theo could tell, but right now, she didn't care. Not when she thought he'd finally let his guard down and tell her what she had been dying to hear from him for months now. But as soon as that heat wave came, it went away. Theo sighed loudly, stepping away from (Y/N) and taking the keys of his truck from his pocket.

"At least let me drive you there, then." He said, as (Y/N) tried to cover her disappointment with a smile.

"Fine." She said, walking toward the door of her house. "But that means I get to pick the playlist."

***

Scott's attention peaked when he heard his little sister's groan. He lifted his head from her bed where he had been resting and watched as (Y/N) slowly came back to it, wincing and moving slightly in the bed.

"Hey, hey... Easy, (Y/N)..." He cooed, reaching over to take some hair off her face as she opened her eyes. "It's okay. You're safe."

"Scott?" She frowned, trying to adjust her vision to the bright lights surrounding them. "W-what happened? Where are we?"

"In the hospital, baby." He answered slowly, reaching toward the bedside table beside him and grabbing a glass of water their mother had left there for when (Y/N) woke up. "You got hurt."

(Y/N) took a small sip of her water and forced herself to remember what had happened. When she did, she gasped. She remembered how the creature they were facing had managed to deeply wound Malia and Liam. She remembered how Theo had gone out of his way to try and protect her only to be brought down shortly after Malia. But most of all, she remembered how Scott had yelled out her name when the creature did a deep cut in her stomach before the world turned black.

Sighing loudly as she knew what was about to happen, (Y/N) reached down and pulled her gown up, only to reveal a big scar across her stomach. She let her head fall back against the pillows and closed her eyes.

"Are they okay?" She asked. Scott nodded slowly.

"Liam and Malia are already healing." He answered.

"And you?"

"I'm fine."

"Hum." She hummed in agreement. "And Theo?"

There was a silence and (Y/N) debated if she should open her eyes or not. She decided against it.

"I told him not to tell you." Scott growled lowly, as (Y/N) frowned and looked at her brother.

"I would've find you." She said. "You know I would and so does Theo. But unlike you, he knows that is best if I know."

"Best if you know?" Scott scoffed loudly. "Look at where we are, (Y/N). In the hospital! You are hurt! You could've died!"

"Scott..."

"If Theo had only listened to me and kept his mouth shut, none of this would've happened!"

"Scott!" (Y/N) yelled surprised by his outburst. "I can't believe you would hide this from me! Scott, YOU could have died!"

"It doesn't matter, (Y/N)." Scott shook his head. "I want you to be safe. I don't care about me."

"But I do!" The girl protested, sitting up in the bed and using her rush of adrenaline to ignore the pain in her head. "I care about you! And I care about Liam and Malia! And I care about Theo! An awful lot, I care about Theo!"

That was it. (Y/N) watched as Scott's whole face got darker. She frowned when her brother got up from his chair and walked up to the end of his sister's bed as he looked down.