Revenge

Freya

"Your plague on her will end today"

BANG!

"No!"

Morning light slowly lit the room yet no time passed. Our bed felt foreign without Lexa. The blanket in my arms was wet. My body hurt from the force of my sobs I buried in the blanket hours before. My heart wanted to continue hurt but my eyes couldn't form anymore tears. Instead I was left with an aching chest.

The door opened with a creak. From the corner of my eye I saw Octavia pop her head in. Still I was fixated on the black stained blanket. A voice screamed in my head that it wasn't Lexa I was holding. It was the blanket she died on. I will never hold her again. Never see her smile or catch her looking at me as I turned my head. Never feel her braid my hair. I'll never kiss her beautiful lips again.

"I brought some food, some water" Octavia spoke quietly. I could hear her set it on the table. She didn't speak again right away, she looked around the room from where she stood by the table. The chair scraped over the floor as she pulled it out from the table to sit. "Anna wanted to make sure you ate" she mentioned. Even the sound of my closest friend's name didn't bring the usual twinge happiness to my mind.

The silence in the room only thickened. I already felt heavy though. Talking wouldn't make me feel any better.

"Okay" she muttered to herself. "Anna wanted to be here, you know?" she continued to try disrupting the silence. "But she had to with the others to help find away to shut down the city of light. Murphy came across some lighthouse that might have some answers" she added. None of it meant a thing to me.

"Hey are you with me?"

"He shot her"

"We have to stop the bleeding"

Octavia sighed standing up and pushing the chair back in to the table. "Have you gotten any sleep, Freya?" she asked.

"You have to stay awake, okay?"

"Ai gonplei ste odon"

"I love you, you can't leave me!"

I blinked as Octavia's legs appeared in front of me now. She squatted down so that she was face to face with me. She didn't say a word at first. Her expression was one of sympathy. Then she dug into her pocket. "I asked Gaia if I could give this to you" her voice soft as she took a small pouch from her pocket. She dumped its contents into her hand.

My eyes flickered from the blanket to her palm. It was Lexa's head piece. My hand shook a little as I reached to take it from Octavia. I clenched it in my fist and pulled the blanket close to my heart again. Flashes of Lexa wearing the symbol appeared before my eyes.

Octavia stood up and set her hand on my shoulder. "I'll come back later" she said squeezing lightly. I listened to her footsteps travel off of the rug at the base of the bed and through the door.

"The commander has died we must complete the ceremony"

"Take the commanders body to the throne room"

Anger turned to rage quickly as Titus' voice replayed. He is the cause. He brought the gun he didn't know how to handle. A gun that is over a hundred years old. Instead of shooting me he killed her. The commander he swore to protect.

I need to find him.

Sitting up for the first time in hours my head pounded. While one of my hands held the small metal symbol the other pressed lightly into the black stain. Putting the symbol in my pocket where it would be safe I stood up. Carefully I spread out the blanket, smoothing out the wrinkles. I stared at he stain a moment longer.