Yu laik special

Freya

The grounders watched me pass by them on the way back to my tent. Their looks towards me aren't as harsh as the ones they give other sky people. It's mid morning now so many have already left to tend to their daily chores like hunting and fishing. When I neared my tent the ones watching lost interest and turned back to their task. Voices inside stopped me before I pulled back the opening. "I'm just asking what caused her to believe that was something she needed to do" it was Bellamy.

"Bell, drop it it's over with now" Octavia said. Dropping my arm to my side I moved so my shadow couldn't be seen in the tent while I listened.

Bellamy huffed and I can picture him crossing his arms. "She slit a mans throat. Some one from the ark doesn't do things like that" he said.

"Yeah, they just beat people with batons and execute them by launching them into space to suffocate" Raven said sarcastically. "And I for one am glad she did it, he's the reason this happened to me" she said. "And someone has to show these grounders we can't be pushed around" she added.

There was a pause. "Freya didn't have a happy upbringing she never had the chance to truly be free. She only had her father who turned her into a warrior that the ark had never seen before, all for his cause" Anna said. I know she would never tell them anything she knew I wanted kept secret but I am curious as to what she will tell them. The ark swarmed with rumors about me after my second arrest.

Bellamy was the one to show his curiosity first, "What was her fathers cause? I've heard rumors they wanted to slaughter the entire ark so they could take it back to a small group to start the human race over. Or that Freya was involved in several murders. Or that they were torturing people."

"We all have heard the rumors" Octavia cut in. Of course I heard the rumors even in the skybox it's just been a long time since I heard them. Bellamy didn't even list the more far fetched ones.

Anna began to explain, "Charlie Wright did indeed have a cause that involved the people of the ark. Him and his followers wanted to take the ark to the ground. Back then we all thought the world was uninhabitable, to radiation soaked. But they saw living in space as living in a prison, they were willing to risk it." It was silent again. They executed my father rightfully for the guards he killed in our attempt to take over but I wonder what he would have done if he could see that the ark did make it to the ground. "In many ways Freya has healed a lot since being outside of her fathers control. Making friends and relationships with you all is not something she would have done during her fathers time. In fact she would have left you all to die at the drop ship" Anna said.

I turned away to think about my best friends words. Have I really changed that much since my fathers execution? The more I thought about it more faces appeared in my mind of those I'd say I care about. When I think about the understanding I had with Clarke and the kiss I had with Lexa it reminds me of something Anna use to repeat to me. Anna truly did try her best to keep me from falling into the dark because of my father.

Thoughts clouded my mind as I walked away from the tent. I need to get away to clear my head so I'm prepared to go to war with the mountain people. "Hey, Freya where you heading" Clarke asked walking in my direction from the other side of Tondc. She had a meeting to discuss the truce in order to make sure it was still solid.

"Going for a walk in the forest" I said. Before she volunteered to come with me I said, "I'd rather be by myself for a couple of hours."

She looked skeptical for a moment but brushed it off. "Okay well you better take this with you" she said taking her gun from her pants. Lexa allowed us to carry our weapons again and I felt more secure to at least have a knife. "Take it, Raven smuggled out at least three from camp, I'll take one of those" she said putting it in my hand.