Two out of Three ain't bad

Clarke

Nervously I made my way back to the gate were the grounder is waiting to escort me to their camp. When I returned yesterday afternoon I was reeling from seeing Freya in a coma and then the commander demanding Finn's death. I admit I can hardly look at him after I saw what he did but I cannot just hand him over to die. Raven freaked out the second she was filled in. My mother is the acting chancellor and she claims she has not made a decision on that yet. No matter her decision I am not going to just hand him over to the grounders. We will find a way to negotiate for his life. First, I have to save Freya so I can get her back to the safety of our camp. Then my mother will turn Lincoln back from a reaper, she has no option to fail. If she can't bring him back then it won't matter if we hand Finn over or not, we will all die.

"Clarke, wait!" Anna jogged over cutting me off from reaching the gate. She huffed out of breath for a second.

I can already tell what she is going to say. "You can't come with me, Anna. I'm sorry" I told her. Understandably she was worried even more about Freya. I talked to her and my mom about what we should do to pull her out of the coma. There's something I can do but ultimately it might just take time for Freya to wake up. I don't think the commander would be very happy about that though. I still cannot figure out why she wants me to help Freya. She even made it a condition of the truce to save her. She must see something in her or plan to use her in some way.

"Please? I have to do something to help her. I'm a doctor this is where I could help the most!" she begged. But it's not my decision. If it was I would bring her but the grounders were clear it has to only be me. And with how delicate things are I can't test that especially if we are going to have to hide Finn until we can work something out to keep him alive.

"It's not up to me, Anna. As soon as she's awake I'll tell her you're here waiting for her, Okay?" I reassured my friend. 

Anna nodded disappointed, "Alright." 

The gate opened a crack for me to leave. A grounder looked down at me from his horse. He had a scowl on his face as he reached his hand out to me. The moment I took it he hoisted me onto the back of his horse. He tugged at the reins circling the horse around back down to their camp. Just like yesterday their people stood glaring at me. The woman who was at the commander's side yesterday -Indra cut through the warriors to approach me. Another grounder lifted me off the horse before stepping away without another word. My eyes caught sight of something new. A giant post was in the ground facing our camp. 

"For the one you call Finn, Jus drein jus daun" Indra said coldly. Although something about how she said it led me to believe she got joy from seeing how it unnerved me.

I gulped. "What does that mean? I've heard it a couple times now" I asked her. They chanted it yesterday as the commander sent me back.

"It means blood must have blood. He will receive death by a thousand cuts" she looked at me briefly before continuing. "Everyone in the village will have their turn at cutting him and if at sunrise he is still alive the commander will end him with her sword."

Now I was certain we cannot hand Finn over. He would suffer this terrible death for doing what he thought he needed to. There has to be an option for a different kind of punishment. One where he's not tortured to death. Finn was a good person once and he can be again he's just lost his way. He means so much to Raven.

"Come sky girl the commander is waiting" Indra barked already walking away. Her people that were standing around listening parted letting her through. Trying my best to look more confident I walked behind her. This is condition number one, save Freya.

"Indra" the commander gave her a nod. To which Indra bowed quickly before stepping away. The bigger bearded man who threatened me yesterday was there glaring murderously at me again. Him and a few others are standing guard around the tent. "Clarke kom Skaikru are you ready?" she asked pulling the flap over the tent back.