Camp secret

Freya

"You've changed, you know?" Clarke spoke for the first time since we made camp for the night. The fire was put out as soon as the sun set. I was leaning against a tree trunk while Clarke laid a few feet away.

I held my sword in its sheath on my lap while I scanned the trees. "What do you mean?" I asked keeping my voice quiet.

Clarke hummed looking me up and down. "You show more emotion" she said.

"You're saying I'm emotional now" I gave her a blank look.

"No, not in a bad way. It's just when I met you you were cold and detached. Now you you're-" she sighed pausing to think of a word.

I huffed scanning the trees again. "Not?" I completed her sentence.

"Happy, is what I was going to say" she said. I focused on her. "She makes you happy it's good that you have someone" she explained.

"I didn't exactly plan on it" I looked away again. I didn't mean to care about someone as much as I do Lexa. The forest was completely still with zero sign of attack.

Clarke shuffled in her spot to get comfortable. "Because of how your father traumatized you and you were suppose to die for his cause?"

"If we're talking about each other let's talk about what happened after the mountain" I said raising an eyebrow at her. With the attention on her she shifted uncomfortably and turned to stare at the sky. "Where did you go?" I asked.

"I wandered for awhile" she sighed. "Just trying to come to terms with the mountain, I didn't feel like I deserved to live in arkadia with the citizens of the ark. Not after I killed the innocent citizens of mount weather" she spoke.

I rolled my eyes. The ark has been corrupt for a long time. "People of the ark have done terrible things too. And you did what had to be done" I said. Everything I have to say about the mountain she has heard before and I doubt she wants to hear it again.

She didn't respond right away. "I'm not ready face them" is what she said.

"Stick to the mission then" I told her. "If you're not ready then don't let them break your focus" I added. Clarke and I talked for a little while longer until she fell asleep. When sun rise came there had been no disturbances. We ate the jerky I shared from my bag. "Let's get moving" I said buckling my sword around my waist again. I boosted Clarke up onto her horse before mounting mine.

I studied the map Lexa gave me, there was a detour coming soon. Our ride was quiet as I navigated us to tondc. Lexa wanted us to keep off the main trails. "We should be at tondc by now, are you sure you're reading that right?" Clarke asked.

"Yes" I answered immediately. "Maybe" I mumbled to myself. The map seemed easy enough to follow. We defiantly should have arrived at tondc by now. Clarke hummed looking around. We turned around a bend, up ahead I caught sight of a wall. "What's that about not reading the map right?" I said.

"Well you've proved me wrong" Clarke smiled. There was a shout in trigedasleng when we emerged from the tree line. "Shouldn't they be expecting us" Clarke asked quietly.

The gate cracked open. "Indra will know where Lincoln is, stay here" I told her. A guard stepped out with his hand on his sword. I slid off my saddle taking the reins in my hand to steady the horses. "Osir need kom talk kom Indra" I said.

He eyed me suspiciously for a moment then looked to Clarke. His expression darkened at the sight of the skaikru member. "Indra is inside, tie your horses there" he told us in broken English. 

I waved too Clarke to get down from her horse. "He seems friendly" she mumbled while taking her bag from the saddlebag. I took mine once the horses were tied off and munching on the tall grass.