Chapter 12: Fight or Flight

Start from the beginning

"Ah... You're online!" spoke a familiar voice. Megatron blinked a couple times until his vision refocused to see a young, red Decepticon about the same size as Bumblebee. "Good morning, sleeping beauty." he mocked. He recognize the Con's design. 

"You're designation is Knockout, is it not?" Megatron asked.

"Hmm... So you DO remember me?", Knockout chirped. "It's been awhile since anyone has used that word, though..." He mumbled.

"Designation?" Megatron asked. 

"Yes, that one!" Knockout spoke, seeming a bit proud of himself. He suddenly frowned. "Y-You know... It's... been awhile since I've been able to speak with you personally." Knockout confessed. "Usually, you're... too busy for small talk..." the doctor spoke sadly. Megatron wasn't quite sure what to say. 

"I... I'm sorry...?" he spoke.

"No need!" Knockout spoke with a smirk. "I understand. Someone needs to play the serious, strong leader role in order to keep us in line." Megatron scoffed. 

"You're the only one I act this way with..."He repeated. 

"Excuse me?" Knockout spoke, confused. 

"That's what Optimus said to me..." he confessed. Knockout froze at the sound of the name. "Apparently, we are more alike than I thought..." he mumbled. "Whenever we were alone... He'd act different than he would with the others... He was... honest... with me..." Megatron chuckled. "I asked why he put his trust in me... You know what he said?" Knockout kept quiet, yet curious of the answer. "He said he didn't know... That he was just as confused as I was... Can you believe that?" Knockout shook his helm in response. "A Prime told me he had no idea what he was doing..."

"What else did he tell you?" Knockout asked. 

"We... just talked... about the past and about what we knew about the war..." Knockout, was intrigued by what he was hearing. "He told me his half of the story..." 

"R-Really...?" Knockout mumbled. 

"I don't know what caused the war..." he repeated. "The Decepticons just attacked out of no where... That's what he told me..."

"No!" Knockout protested. Megatron looked to the medic. "T-They're the ones who started the war... They killed one of our own! They killed an innocent Con for speaking out of line!!" he shouted. 

"Knockout-"

"They shattered an innocent spark!"

"Knockout! Listen!" Megatron shouted, making the medic freeze in fear. "You say it as if every Autobot wanted them dead... But, Optimus said that the fate of the slave was never voted upon. No one was offered to make a vote whether or not they were executed. The Decepticons weren't the only ones who were upset, but the Autobots too. Some didn't care but most, especially Orion, found it unnecessary and cruel." Knockout just stared, his optics leaking lubricants. "It wasn't the Autobots who killed the slave, it was the high council." he stated finally. "Like I told Soundwave, this is all just a misunderstanding."

"Then why was the high council sided with the Autobots...?" Knockout asked.

"Because they were afraid that the slaves would rise in power... The high council wanted power over us, so they joined the Autobots..." Knockout only stared. "Optimus said it himself... He knows of the corruption that was brought to the Autobot cause..."

"And you really think he's telling the truth?" Knockout asked, still skeptical.

"That is one of the many things I'm still unsure about... But, I have hope!" he confessed. Megatron tried to lift himself up, but found that he was bound to the medical table. Didn't take long for the medic to noticed Megatron's confusion.

"I'm sorry, but I can't let you go... Soundwave's orders..." Knockout spoke, sadly. 

"I understand..." Megatron mumbled. There was a small wave of silence for awhile.

"I-I... I really want to believe what you see, but... I-I can't..." Knockout confessed.

"I know... That is your choice... But, I choose to put my trust in him... So that you don't have to..." Megatron spoke. Knock stared down for a moment. 

"O-Okay... I'll release you from your bindings, but you must stay in this room!" Knockout ordered. Megatron was surprised of how quickly Knockout changed his mind, but decided not to ask.

"Understood." Megatron promised, before Knockout deactivated the chain, that bonded Megatron to the medical table. Megatron sat up.

"There! You can move now... But, please remain in this room..." Knockout whispered. 

"Thank you..." Megatron spoke, softly. He smiled up at the medic, rubbing at his wrists.