Issue 1: Friendly Neighborhood

Alright, let's go through this one last time. My name is Peter Parker. I was bitten by a radioactive spider, and for the last few years, I've been the one and only...Spider Man.

Pretty sure you know the rest, right?

I got a new suit, fought a robot vulture, became an Avenger and went to space, saved the WORLD, fell in love, and then stopped some fishbowl wearing maniac from killing my friends. And, uhh...this happened.

"There you have it, folks! Conclusive proof that Spider Man was responsible for the brutal murder of Mysterio! An interdimensional warrior who gave his life to protect our planet and who will, no doubt, go down in history as the GREATEST superhero of all time!" J. Jonah Jameson screamed into the camera.

This guy? He SUCKS. He's the chief editor for some controversial news program called The Daily Bugle. Hates me for basically existing. Hate ya too, JJ.

"But that's not all, folks! Here's the real blockbuster! Brace yourselves, you might wanna sit down."

Then, Mysterio, the fishbowl wearing maniac I told ya about, showed up on screen. His eyes widened in panic and fear. Always was a good actor. He fooled me. "Spider Man's real name...Spider Man's real name is..."

The screen went black for a second...before he showed up again, screaming. "SPIDER MAN'S NAME IS PETER PARKER!"

And then? It showed me. My real face! To the entire CITY- Not even! The whole WORLD! So naturally, I responded with:

"WHAT THE FU-"

Since then? Yeah...life's been tough. My Aunt May, Happy, Ned, and even MJ...all of them are being questioned, interrogated. I can't even go to school without getting photos, dirty looks, or even punched! Granted...only one guy tried that. I mean, who'd wanna punch a superhero, right?

Mr. Stark probably wouldn't be very proud, heh.

But hey! It's not all bad! I mean...okay, it's very bad. But my Aunt May's there for me, telling me to keep smiling. MJ and Ned, they're there for me too. MJ...I hope she's doing ok. This is a lot for her, and she wants to stay with me anyway.

...You might be wondering, this is gonna be some kind of angsty story about me ranting, right? Nah! I'm actually...well...it'd be better if I just describe what happened, like some narrator.

Spider Man swung from place to place, webs firing from his wrists as he kept swinging around buildings. He then spun around one before leaping on the side of a skyscraper, slowly climbing to the top.

"Okay, okay...almost there." Spider Man whispered before he eventually began running up the side of the skyscraper, and got to the top. He then sighed, leaning back onto it. He heard the sound of helicopters flying around before flying away. He then stood up before hearing a jingle he hated.

The giant TV/board...thing started showing J. Jonah Jameson himself again. "Spider Man is still on the run! But don't worry, folks, our city's finest are hot on Peter Parker's tail! But he refuses to talk. He's a menace! A criminal!"

Spider Man shook his head, clicking his tongue. "You're funny, JJ. You really just brighten up my day." He said before he was ready to swing again...before he heard some different noise. It sounded like some kind of wup-womp-wup. His head began to ring.

What Aunt May called his 'Peter-Tingle', he called his 'Spider-Sense'.

He turned around before seeing a...portal. It looked like glass almost, with a black hole in the middle.