~𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖇𝖗𝖔𝖐𝖊𝖓~

I stayed silent for quite a while, words not forming in my mouth

I stayed silent for quite a while, words not forming in my mouth. "Oh, um." I managed to mumble. "That is um..." I swallowed and looked down, fiddling around with my ring. Trying to hold back my tears. "This is uh..." I sighed and took in a deep breath. My head couldn't process all of this. "I should um...I should go." I walked out of there, my phone beeped, then I remembered what I had to do, so I snapped my fingers again, making his stele visible at the exact place. But, he didn't seem to care.
"Valkyrie, please." He grabbed me by my arm, stopping me. "Please, say something." He sighed. "Anything."
I couldn't hold back anymore, my eyes already started to water up. "Congratulations, Alexander Gideon Lightwood." I pressed my lips hard to form a smile and turned around to get out of there.
I went outside of the institute and portalled myself to Magnus's place. As I entered, I saw Magnus taking a sip of his drink, while reading a spell book.
"Little Bird?" He came walking to me. "What's wrong?" He wiped a tear away. I could not hold myself back, not anymore. So, I broke down in front of Magnus. As I did, he seemed to understand what happened back at the institute. "Oh, sweetie." He hugged me as we crumbled down on the floor.
"I tried." I sobbed in his arms.
"I know." He stroked my head, slowly and gently. "He is foolish not see a girl like you standing in front of him." He sighed and placed his chin on my head, while I nuzzled in closer. "Come on." He helped me get up and sat me on the nearest sofa. Then, he sat opposite of me and snapped his fingers to reveal a drink in my hand. "You could use a drink."
"Thanks." I smiled. He nodded and we stayed silent for quite a while. "I can't believe he's getting married." I shook my head and chuckled, thinking of it.
"He is stupid." Magnus agreed and took a sip of his drink as I hummed in agreement.
At that moment, my phone rang. So, I answered.
"Hello?"
"Jace?"
"Yeah." He said. "Where are you?"
"At Magnus's."
"Why?"
"Long story." I sighed.
"Right, uhhh. We need you."
"Why?" I said. "I've done my part."
"Just, come." He said. "Meet us outside of Hotel DuMort."
I thought for a moment. "Okay." I sighed.
"Duty calls?" Magnus asked.
"Duty calls."
"Are you going to be okay?"
"Yeah." I smiled and got up. I portalled myself to Hotel DuMort.
"That was fast." Jace smirked.
"Perks of being a warlock."
Clary and Simon came running down the stairs outside of Hotel DuMort.
"Hey." Jace said softly and hugged her. "Thank god you're okay."
"Simon." I called out and hugged him. "You good?"
"Hanging on." He replied bluntly.
"So this is your safe hideout, huh?" Jace asked.
"Well, you think the Clave was gonna look here?"
"Can we please focus on the matter at hand?" Izzy yelled. "Unless no one here cares that the Clave is planning on murdering Meliorn."
"What?" Both Simon and Clary asked.
"They think Meliorn has more information on Valentine and the attack than he's saying." Jace replied.
""They're taking him to the silent brothers." Izzy added.
"We have to stop them!"
"That's the plan, Clary." Jace agreed. "Rescue and recovery."
"We get him from the guards, in and out, no one gets hurt."
"You want us to go up against the Silent Brothers, and an elite Shadowhunter guard unit?" Clary asked, not believing any of it.
"Without backup?" Luke said.
"Pretty much sums it up, yeah."
"My God, you're crazy." I said.
"Is Alec coming?" Clary asked.
I sighed and fixed my gaze on the ground. "If he does, I'm out." I said.
"No. Not this time." Jace pressed his lips into a thin line and raised an eyebrow at me in question. I shook my head.
"If they're doing this to Seelies, no Downworlder is safe." Clary said.
"You're telling me that?" I asked and crossed my arms.
"But we can't go in alone not if we don't want to be detected."
"My pack will track the unit, create a distraction." Said Luke.
"I would suggest vampires, but...I doubt they'll cooperate." Simon said.
"I think an half-warlock is strong enough to set them on fire." I winked.
"As much as I hate to agree with Simon, vamps aren't exactly team players." Said Jace and my eyebrows shot up in surprise.
"Let me talk to Raphael." Clary said. "I think I can persuade him."
***
"We're offering an alliance with the Seelies." Clary said as we met Raphael inside with the other vampires. Raphael looked at Luke.
"And the werewolves." Luke sighed. Then, Raphael looked at me.
"And a warlock." I sighed and pressed my lips into a thin line. He directed his eyes back to Clary.
"Why should we believe you?" He asked. "You killed our people. You violated our home."
"You kidnapped a mundane." Jace added. "Remember?"
"That was me." Simon raised his hand and smiled. I rolled my eyes and nudged him by his shoulder.
"Look...you were just following Camille's orders." Clary said. "She violated the Accords. We are a new generation of Shadowhunters. We believe everyone can be equal. Whether you are a vampire, werewolf, Seelie , warlock, Shadowhunter." She sighed and looked at me. "Hybrid." She smiled and I smiled back. "We have to work together to stop Valentine. And to ensure the Clave doesn't repeat past mistakes." She paused. "What do you say?"
"This decision requires a consensus." Raphael said.
We all stayed silent until Simon. "I vote yes."
"Well, well, well. Baby's first words." Raphael smiled.
"Don't make me regret them." He added and I smirked.
"If our newest member pledges his loyalty to his new leader and joins our clan...we'll all stand beside you." He said.
"What?" I was surprised. "Simon's not a pawn."
"Not your decision to make, sweetheart." He smirked.
"No...I'm not his pawn." He turned to me. "But I accept your deal."
"Simon, what are you doing?"
"Whatever it takes to protect the Downworld. It's my world now." He said and I smiled. I mouthed 'thank you.'
Raphael looked at the other members as they nodded. "Then we're in."
I sighed.
***
We all walked to the City of Bones. The werewolves, vampires, three-and-an-half Shadowhunters and an half warlock.
"This does not look like the City of Bones." Clary said.
"This is the Downworlder's entrance." Jace said.
"The City of Bones has a service entrance. Perfect." Clary sighed.
"I hope I have better luck here than I did last time." Simon said. "I'm just saying."
"Yea well, you're not a mundie anymore." I patted on his shoulder.
"Everyone knows what to do?" Clary asked everyone.
"Text when you're in position." Jace added.
Luke walked but stopped when Raphael whistled. "Stay." He said. "Good dog."
"Bite me." Luke shot back.
"Roll over."
"Play dead." I said and smirked.
"Boom!" Simon exclaimed and fist bumped me.
I could feel Raphael's blood boiling just by looking at his eyes. While Clary gave a questioning look. At that moment, a werewolf shoulder bumped Simon on purpose which made the vampires go rogue. But the wolves didn't stop there, they growled back.
"Okay, that's it! Enough! Enough!" I shouted standing in the middle. "All our lives are at stake. It's time we put aside our differences and work together! Tonight we're all Downworlders." I sighed. "Luke?" He sighed and nodded. "Raphael?" He smirked and nodded. After that, the wolves and vampires all walked to their position.
"I guess, I should expect people to hate me for who I am now." Simon said. "I'll get used to it."
"Never, in your life, ever, get used to it." I said. "You hear me?" Simon nodded.
"Let's do this." Izzy said as we nodded. Both Simon and her made it to their position.
"We're risking everything, aren't we?" Clary asked Jace. "Going against the Clave the other Shadowhunters?"
"Valentine's trying to destroy the world, Clary." He said. "We're trying to protect it." She sighed. "Before I forget..." he took out the tarot card and the portal shred. "These belong to you." He handed it to Clary.
"Did Alec give you these?" She asked.
"No." I sighed. "We stole it."
"Borrowed." He corrected me. "Let's just say this is where they're safest." He said. "Be careful."
"Don't worry." She said. "I won't activate it." He inhaled deeply. "Now that I know how it works. Thank you."
"Yeah." I sighed. "Thank us if we make it out of this alive."
She clicked her tongue. "When we make it out." She said and walked to her position.
"Right." Jace said softly as we followed her.
We walked up the stairs to the balcony and checked if anyone was following us, guarding the entrance.
"Do you have the vision rune on you?" Jace asked as I nodded. "Come here." He said to Clary and drew the vision rune on her.
"Alec? What's he doing here?" Clary asked as I raised my brows. "Oh no."
I heard that and took out my stele and ran it on the vision rune on by elbow, so did Jace. I saw Alec marching down with a good grip on Meliorn. He wasn't alone, many Shadowhunter guards followed him. "Damn it!"
"Lydia must have sent him." Jace said.
"Lydia?"
"Alec's future wife." He sighed. "Don't ask." Clary turned her gaze to me.
"What?" I asked as I crossed my arms
"Nothing." She shook her head and sighed. "Just say the word, and we'll call the whole thing off."
"No."
"There's no turning back now." Jace added. So whatever happens, follow my lead." I rolled my eyes.
***
"Alec!" Clary called out as he opened the entrance to enter the City of Bones with Meliorn. He turned around to face me and Jace.
He met my eyes once and turned to Jace. "You told me you were taking Clary back to the Institute. You lied to me."
"I did what needed to be done."
"Alec, the Clave has gone too far, you have to see that, please just let Meliorn go." Clary said as she stood in front of Alec and Meliorn.
"I have my orders." He replied.
"God! You and your damn orders." I said as I took a step forward.
"Who the hell cares about orders." Clary practically yelled.
"See? That's how little you know about being a Shadowhunter. You couldn't possibly understand-"
"My God." I ran a hand through my hair and chuckled. "You don't see it, do you? Alexander, you're the one who doesn't understand!" He looked at me as I glared at him. But he decided to take Meliorn in anyway. So, I jumped on him, hitting him to the ground and pinning on of his hand around his neck. "Clary, Meliorn, Jace, Get the hell out of here! Now!" I saw them run away and then I met Alec's eyes again.
"Everything was right." He said as I furrowed my brows at him, still pinning him down. "All was going right, until you and Clary showed up."
"Seriously?" I asked. "You're blaming it on me now? God, Alec you're the one who's getting married! We both know what this is about!"
"Oh do we, why doesn't the hybrid of our generation tell us what this is about?"
"My god, Alec!" I chuckled, frustrated. "It's about you! Not the law, not the Clave. For once, in your God-damn life, do what you want!"
He hit me across the face with his elbow as I landed on the other side. I got up and tried to hit him, but he caught my hand and hit me across my stomach. He then hit me again on the same spot with his knee. I rolled over but got up again. It hurt, it really did, but I did not give a damn. I hit him across his face as he grabbed my hand and twisted me over, making me land on the ground. He took out the dagger from my left boot and placed it against my throat.
"Go ahead." I panted. "Do it!" Tears already swelling up in my eyes. His eyes bore anger, but it softened a little when he heard me say it. "I know that deep down, you know you don't want to." He closed his eyes, filled with regret. So, I took the chance and hit him across the face, making him land beside me. I got up and took out my spear at one swing as I placed my foot on his chest and the spear right on his throat. "Why?" I asked.
"I have to." He said.
"No, that's where you're wrong!" I sighed as my eyes became watery. "You don't!"
"Oh you see, I do." He sighed. "My family comes first before anything."
"So much so that you're going to risk your own happiness for them?"
"What do you know about family? Huh?" He panted. "You never had one."
"Now, that's not fair." Tears already spilled from my eyes. He did not say anything. "Do you want to?"
"What?"
"Do you want to marry Lydia?" He didn't say anything. "Tell me you want to, and I'll leave." He didn't say anything again. "Come with me, with us. We'll fight Valentine the right way."
"If I do that." He swallowed. "My sister. My brothers will be considered traitors. Like Mom and Dad."
"I'm begging you." I let go of the spear from his throat and removed my foot from his chest. "Please."
He sat up. "I want to." He sighed and closed his eyes. "I want to marry Lydia."
It hit me like a wave, again. My heart sank to the bottom. I couldn't hold back my tears anymore. I opened my mouth to say something, but I knew that my voice would break. I nodded my head bitting my lower lip to stop myself from crying, but it did not work. I walked out of there, leaving Alec on his own.

 I walked out of there, leaving Alec on his own

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

🖤🤍🖤