21: Day-Out

Vote And Comment

Song of the Chapter: Nanbiye

Jai:

"Hey." Kritika said as she entered the kitchen and placed a bag on the counter. I watched as she took out jam, peanut butter, and some other groceries.

"Peanut butter for you." She said with a crinkled nose as she placed the jar in front of me.

"My mixed fruit jam." She cooed as she pulled the jam jar to herself.

"And I also bought some other things which were low in the kitchen." She said as she stocked up my counters.

"And that took 45 minutes?" I asked as she shrugged.

"I had a hard time choosing what ice cream I wanted." She said and I knew she wasn't telling me something but I didn't push it.

"So what's the plan for the day?" She asked as she spread peanut butter on my toast.

"I'll do it." I said as I took the knife and toast from her.

"Thank you." She said as she placed a kiss on my cheek. I smiled at her as she smiled back and took a seat on one of the stools.

"Our colleagues know about us by the way." She said and I froze while buttering her toast and looked up.

"How?" I asked as she rolled her eyes.

Kritika:

Flashback starts

"Hey, Kate." Mark said as he entered my office.

"Hey." I smiled as I took the file from him without removing my eyes from my laptop. After a few seconds of silence, I looked up and noticed that almost the whole distressed debt group was either inside my office or standing outside. Except for Navya since she was on maternity leave.

"How may I help you, lads and ladies?" I asked as I leaned back on my chair.

"Are you dating Mr. Vincent?" Steve asked as I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Uh, why do you ask?" I questioned as everyone shared looks.

"You both are THE perfect couple."

"He was a literal block of ice before you came into his life."

"You both have stars and hearts in your eyes when you look at each other."

Everyone started talking at the same time making me cover my ears.

"JESUS STOP." I yelled as everyone became quiet.

"One at a time." I said with wide eyes.

"He used to be so ruthless and strict. I mean, he was like a volcano ready to blast any second. And then you came." Steve said as he took a seat in front of me and I tilted my head.

"It was like a switch flipped in him. He wasn't always glaring at everyone. He would laugh and smile more. It was like you melted the ice around him. You make him a better version of himself." He continued as I leaned back.

"Wow." I breathed out at the new information.

"And don't worry. We won't tell anyone else. It will be a group secret. But we didn't want to assume in case you were 'just friends'" Marc said with a roll of his eyes. I shook my head and instead of answering, I simply lifted my left hand.

"Is that a promise ring? Does that mean you both are together?" Rachel asked as I nodded. Immediately I heard cheers, squeals, and cat calls making me cover my ears once again.