9: Birthday

Song of the Chapter: Gun Gun Guna

Jai:

"Where are we? What's happening?" I asked as we entered the 5-star hotel Ritwik more or less dragged me into.

"You'll see." He said as we entered the elevator and gave him a glare. He simply shrugged. Go figure.

My phoned dinged in my pocket. I took it out and noticed that it was a text from Kritika.

Kitten-Happy Birthday Love 💖
12 AM

I was going to respond but the lift doors suddenly opened as Ritwik took away my phone and walked away to god knows where.

"Ritwik!" I yelled as I followed him and just as I entered a dark room, I heard shouts and the lights went on.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Everyone yelled as I looked around. All of my close friends and family were there. I look around a bit more and noticed Kritika up in the interior balcony of the what seems to be a ball room. She had a big smile on her face and I instantly knew that she planned all of this.

"Happy Birthday." My mom said as she and dad pulled me into a hug.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in surprise.

"We never returned home, we were staying at Ritwik's place." Mom shrugged.

"Only because she was making everything Navya was asking." Ritwik said as he returned my phone. We chuckled.

Kritika:

I watched as Jai mingled with everyone.

"Hey crazy." Vasu said as she came up beside me.

"Takes one to know one." I replied as we giggled.

"How's married life treating you?" I asked as she smiled.

"Well, we are more or less still in the honeymoon phase." She grinned as I chuckled and shook my head. I heard someone clear their throat and turned around.

"Shanaya." I smiled as I hugged her and laughed when she didn't hug me back.

"I hate you." She mumbled as I pulled back and chuckled. Let me get this straight, she hates socializing and she hates physical contact. Give her both and she will hate you too. But not me.

"Oh pulease you love me." I said as she looked at me. Then she turned towards Vasu, completely ignoring me.

"Hey Vasudha." She said with a smile.

"Her Shanaya." Vasu replied as I gaped at Shanaya. Ok fine then.

"I'm leaving." I announced and turned around.

"Woman I was kidding." I heard Shanaya say as I turned around and glared at her.

"You know I hate it when you ignore me." I said with folded arms.

"And I hate being in public." She retorted. Before I could say anything, her husband Vince came up behind her.

"Hi Kritika." He said with a smile.

"Hi Dr. Drunk." I teased as he shot a look at Shanaya. She shrugged.

"I had warned you that I tell her everything. You are the one who didn't mind." She mocked and I giggled as they continued quarrelling.

"Where's Riti?" I asked to Vasu. Right on cue, I feel someone breathe down my neck.

"Boo." They said making me jump and I turned to see Riti laughing at me.