16: Surprise

Song of the Chapter: Main Rang Sharbaton Ka

Kritika:

"What?" I asked as I looked up and caught the boys looking at me for the billionth time tonight.

"Nothing." The three of them muttered and turned back towards my TV to continue watching the CSK vs MI IPL match.

"Can't you guys do this with your respective partners? Why bother me?" I muttered in an annoyed tone.

"I am." Naveen said as he wrapped his arms around Aki and I frowned.

"What about you?" I asked and lifted my leg which Aakash was massaging and kicking him with it.

"She wanted to do some Pinterest thing with Navya and Nayana." He said. I sighed.

I woke up today with peace, which ended in seconds when I realized how last night had ended, with me switching my phone off. I woke up to a missed call from Jai, a message from him that I was yet to open and two missed calls from his mom.

"Hey, mom." I said as she picked up the phone.

"Hi Kunju, how are you?" She said as I sighed silently.

"I'm good, how are you?" I asked as she tsked.

"Then why was my son worried last night?" She asked as I bit my lip.

"I don't know." I lied as she chuckled.

"I can't ask you to do anything, it's your choice. But I can request you to talk to him right?" She said as I sighed again.

"Ok, mom." I whispered.

"Oye dream girl." Naveen snapped me out of my daydream as I kicked him as well.

"Ouch." He muttered as he scooted away from me and closer to Aki who was sitting on the other end of the couch.

"What's got you so grumpy?" Aki asked as I glared at him.

"I'm not grumpy." I snapped as they gave each other looks.

"Sure." The three of them muttered and went back to staring at the TV.

I slowly unlocked my phone and opened WhatsApp, scrolling down to see Jai's unread message and a long-ass message I sent Shanaya for making me spill it all out and accidentally send it to Jai which she was yet to see.

I took a deep breath and tapped on Jai's contact.

Jai: Kritika listen

I knew he stopped because he realized that I didn't receive the text.

Me: Hey

I didn't have to wait for long before I got a reply.

Jai: Done?

Me: 🙁

Jai: Ok ok I won't say anything

Me: 😘

Jai: 😃

Me: So how was your meeting last night?

Jai: It went fine, if things go the way it's supposed to, I think we can do the inauguration in about 6 months.

Me: Wow nice

Jai: What are you doing? And did you have dinner?

Me: Ya, the boys have come over to watch the IPL match. So Aakash brought dinner. He even brought choco lava cake