6: Drugged

Song Of The Chapter-Special Forces

This Chapter contains a lot of swearing and law stuff. It may not be factually correct but please bear with me. This is a fictional book!

Kritika:

"Kritika." Dr.D'Souza called as he exited the ER.

"What happened?" I asked. He looked at me with worry.

"I hate to say this, but you were right. Jai was drugged." He said and I felt the air getting knocked out of my lungs. The events that happened a few hours ago replayed in my mind.

"I came to your apartment to spend time with you, only to end up seeing a half naked guy exit your bedroom. Even after what I saw, I still trusted you. But she told me not to. She said t-that you are a cheating whore." Jai said and with those words fell unconscious on me. I could barely hold his slumped figure up as I looked at the white powder near his glass. Sawyer and Noah lifted him up and away from me as I walked towards the glass.

"What-" Sawyer started asking but stopped when he saw me sniffing the white powder I had taken in my finger. My eyes widened.

"We need to take him to the hospital!" I yelled.

"Kritika?" Dr. D'Souza called out as I snapped out of my daze.

"Ya?" I asked.

"I was saying, Jai was given a lethal dose. If you hadn't brought him in the right time....." He trailed off and my breath hitched.

"How is he now?" I asked.

"We pumped his stomach so he is out of danger. But he will take a day or two to get conscious." Dr.D'Souza said as I nodded. He walked away as I slumped down on the seat.

"Kritika!" I heard my friends yell as they ran towards me. But my eyes zeroed on Ritwik as I stood up.

"Why the hell would you call him to a fucking bar when you were gonna ditch him?!" I yelled at him. He looked taken aback.

"What do you mean?" He asked me. I scoffed.

"Ritwik I saw the message you sent him. He went to the bar because you wanted to talk to him!" I roared in an angry voice even I couldn't recognise.

"Kritika." Navya said as she placed a hand on my shoulder.

"His phone has been missing for almost a week." She said as I looked at her.

"What?" I asked in disbelief as she nodded.

"How?" I asked. He shook his head.

"I don't know. I even tried to reach it, but it was switched off." He said. I paced as I thought about it. Then an idea struck.

"Ritwik." I called as he stood up.

"Before you lost your phone, did you talk or meet a girl? Blonde, pale skinned, a lot of make up, 5'1". About our age. All in all, a fake barbie." I said as he looked at me with wide eyes.

"Sarah." He said and I looked at him with furrowed brows.

"Who?" I asked.

"She was Jai's High school friend. She always had the hots for him. She was more or less the Queen B of the high school." He said as my brows furrowed.

"We need the bar cctv." I said as I walked out.

"Wait!" I heard Aki yell as he ran towards me.

"I have a feeling you will need my help." He said as I nodded.