20: Godfather

Vote and Comment

Song of the Chapter: Parayathe Vannen

Kritika:

"Oh my god." I moaned as I looked at Jai.

"I have never loved you more." I said as another drop of sweat fell down my forehead.

"At least I don't have to worry about pleasing you." He said as I nodded and gulped.

"I think this is it. This is too good." I said as I took another bite from my pizza.

"I can't wait to go home and change. I am sweating like a pig." I said.

"I know. Everyone must be thinking you are Cinderella." He said as he looked at my ball gown. We both had removed our masks. He had also removed his jacket, loosened his tie, and folded his sleeves up to his elbows, just like he knew I loved.

"And you, my Prince Charming." I flirted as I devoured my slice.

"You have become a stick." He commented as I looked at myself.

"I look the same." I said.

"No, don't you eat anymore?" He said as I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Stop teasing me. I look fine." I retorted as he sighed.

"Damnit." He said and I grinned.

"Come on." He said as soon as we were done and dragged us out of the local pizza place and towards his car.

All the way back home, we talked and caught each other up on the gossip. We were almost at Jai's apartment when my phone rang. He parked his car in the lot and turned towards me.

"All ok?" He asked as he looked at my face.

"It's Ritwik." I whispered and accepted the video call.

"Where is Jai?" Ritwik asked I looked at Jai.

"Beside me." I replied as I held the phone between us.

"I have been trying your phone for an hour." He said as Jai frowned.

"It must have died. What happened?" He asked as he smiled.

"Guess whose goddaughter is here." Ritwik said as I looked up at Jai with a gasp. He looked at me as our eyes welled up with tears.

"It's a girl." I whispered and my heart melted when I turned back towards the screen to see Navya hold her newborn.

"Beautiful." Jai whispered as I smiled. Navya and Ritwik wanted Jai to be the godfather of their child and had told him this when he came for Ved and Dev's birth.

"I can't wait to meet her." I said as Jai agreed.

"What's her name?" Jai asked as Navya looked at the camera.

"Riya Mehra." She said quietly as I wiped away a tear.

"Ok, you both have to rest now. We will call you guys tomorrow." I said as Navya smiled and nodded. I hung up as Jai leaned against the seat.

"Congrats." I said as he looked at me and smiled.

"Come on." He said as we got out of the car and went to his apartment.

"You and penthouses." I said and shook my head as we exited the elevator and into his penthouse. He simply smirked.

"That's your room." Jai said as he lead me to one of the doors.

"I'll place some clothes on your bed, you can go freshen up." He said as I barely stopped myself from telling him I had already brought my clothes here and simply nodded. I surely wouldn't miss an opportunity to wear his clothes.