|CHAPTER FOUR|

Painful memories replayed in my mind every second of every day as I tried to lessen the pain and guilt

Painful memories replayed in my mind every second of every day as I tried to lessen the pain and guilt. I swallowed the lump in my throat, knowing that if I didn't keep my emotions away, I would start weeping.

The thought of that day makes me wish that I could have taken her place. I regretted the words that said as they were imprinted forever in our lives.

'I wish you were dead' implanted in my mind ever since the car accident was something that I would regret until my death.

6 years ago

Ever since my mom and I moved to New York with the help from her previous boss, I felt like things got even worse for me. In school, I would hardly talk because I just didn't feel like talking to anyone so I would just distance myself from everyone who wanted to make friends with the new student in class, that is, me. I was constantly having my ups and downs; I couldn't even remember a single moment in which I was actually happy.

I felt broken inside which is why I had started to cut myself on my wrist and stomach; all the emotions were too overwhelming for me. I just wanted to put it to an end but I could not do so because I didn't want to leave my mom all by herself.

I hid my scars from everyone by putting a plaster over it. Whenever she ever questioned me, I would lie to her, saying that I had accidentally cut myself in school during an art lesson.

"Honey, are you ready for school?" My mom shouted from the kitchen.

"Give me another 5 minutes." I quickly grabbed my school bag, took out the unnecessary books and hid my home clothes underneath it.

I walked out of my room and smelled eggs and bacon. Hmm... Couldn't wait to try it.

After breakfast, I went into mom's car as she attended to a phone call.

I was engrossed looking at my Instagram, seeing posts stating that Zayn Malik had officially left One Direction to pursue his own solo career that I did not realize that mom was next to me with a furious look on her face. One look and I knew that I was in deep shit.