Chapter 38: What is love?

It was summer. The hot air blew past the rushing beach waves. The sun was shining extremely bright. Two people were spotted playing in the water and happily laughing at each other.

Xiao Zhe splashed the water to Simon's face and giggled. The look on his husband's face was too funny not to laugh at.

"Is it that funny?"

  "What if I say it is?" Xiao Zhe asked, his eyes shining pure innocence.

  Simon was about to pinch him but the intrepid Xiao Zhe ran away from him fast. "Hehe, catch me if you can!" he stuck his tongue out at him.

   Xiao Zhe was running as fast as lightning; but somehow, Simon caught up with him. He grabbed his collar and took hold of his slim waist.

   Xiao Zhe let go himself from him and whined. "You cheater! You were way taller than me so it is an advantage for you!"

   He walked away from Simon and clumsily tripped on a pebble. He tugged at Simon's sleeves. "Woah!!"

    Simon began to lose his balance and fell in a slow-motion. They rolled on the warm sand and Xiao Zhe found himself face-to-face with him. Those eyes were locked into his gaze. Amazingly bright.

     Xiao Zhe was so close to him that he could even hear Simon's heart beating really fast. And they were now laying on the sand in a sort of.... weird position.

     Simon couldn't help himself but gave Xiao Zhe a peck in the forehead. The warm sensation still lingers there.

     "Let go of me!"

     The crowd who were also on the beach began whispering after they had seen the scene happening right now. Some of them even covered their eyes and faces.

      Simon's face flushed. He got up from the sand and pulled Xiao Zhe back up. He didn't say anything to him for a while.

       "Ah... so you know how to be shy too in public. Usually you are so shameless!"

      "I think that word suits you even more."

      "No, you!"

       "You!"

        Their intense flirting and teasing seemed to last on forever like that.

        ¤¤¤¤¤

        (Two months later)

        "Alright, thank you everyone for coming to the awards show! Now, shall we announce the winners for this year's award?" the host asked energetically.

        "Yesss!!" the crowd answered enthusiastically.

        "For this year's best actor award goes to..." the host paused.

         The crowd went silent. They were eager to know who this actor is. Was he famous or non-famous at all?

         "Simon Gong!!"

          The crowd soon cheered and clapped. A confused-looking Simon Gong got up from his seat and went to the stage.

          "So, Simon, how do you feel winning the awards this year?" the host asked.

          "I... am feeling very confuzzled right now. Can someone please slap me to make sure that I'm not in a dream?"

          The crowd laughed and the host patted him on the shoulder.

         "Actually... I would really like to ask a certain person to come to the stage with me. Xiao Zhe, come here!"

         The crowd gasped. Xiao Zhe was Zhang Zhehan's nickname. How did they meet each other? (They didn't only meet each other, they were also already married hohoho)

        Xiao Zhe took a little jog and climbed to the stage.

        Simon nudged him on the shoulder. "Try saying something to them."

        "Huh? What am i supposed to say?"

        "Uhhh, its up to you."

        Xiao Zhe took the mic from Simon's hand and stammered nervously. "Hi... everyone. I just wanted to thank all of you for...voting my husband on the best actors award this year..."

        "Wait, Zhang Zhehan is your husband??" the host asked Simon Gong with an "i don't understand whats happening right now" look on his face.

         Simon nodded.

         Xiao Zhe lowered his head. They hadn't told anyone about the fact that they were already married. What would the crowd think about it? Would they applaud or boo?

        At first, some of the crowd in the back row clapped for them. Then the middle row. Then the front row. Then everyone clapped for them and cheered excitedly.

        Xiao Zhe sighed in relief and looked at his husband in the eyes.

       The crowd was chaotic; but they didn't care.

       It felt like they are in their actual own world. Just themselves. Just the both of them. No one else.

      In these past few days, Simon had formed a definite opinion about love.

      Love is

      When you love someone, you are afraid to lose them,

      when you were having a really bad day and they brought you back up high-spirited

      when you promise them to cherish them and love each other for the rest of your lives.

      So this.

      Is the meaning of love.

      The end~

YES I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT WE ARE ACTUALLY IN THE END OF THE FANFIC ALREADY! I WANT TO THANK EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO HAS READ THIS FANFIC AND ACCOMPANIED ME THROUGH MY JOURNEY SINCE DAY 1. I LOVE ALL OF YOU SO MUCH!!

Special shoutout and thanks to:

bl_luna_lb spr7ing SanyaMadourie AngelLeo326 MienBerry mijou88 Rajitaji dewipopuri its-YEL

Stay safe lovelies! And don't worry, I will be posting something new soon~