Chapter 25: His tragic backstory

"Mn..." Zhehan nodded glumly. Then he began to tell his story...

       "I was still a little kitty at that time; and I had no knowledge whatsoever about the human world. I live in an alley with my mom and little sister. Eventhough we met lots of difficulties, we were a happy family."

        "Then one day, everything changed... someone suddenly came to the alley and captured my mom and little sister. I was looking for food at the time, so I didn't know where they went."

         "So i followed the person's scent using my nose senses. It lead me to a creepy-looking building which seemed to have been abandoned for a few years, "he continued hiccuping and sniffling again.

           Simon patted him on the shoulder and asked, "Then.., what happened...?"

           "I saw the door in that building opened a little bit, s-so I sneaked in... And i saw our previous owner hitting and kicking m-my mom using a bat... It looked so painful!" He stomped his feet after saying that.

             "Then... there's no then anymore. My mom died from exhaustion and they released my little sis because she kept growling at them. We escaped from that place and learned how to turn into our human forms soon after..."

             "But you said those people are two-faced?" Simon asked again. "What do you mean... by that?"

             "At first I didn't believe that our owner would attack my mom. He seemed like a really nice guy, and he let us stay a few days at his house because I was sick at that time."

             Simon let out an "Oh"; he felt really sorry and symphathetic for this poor guy. He couldn't believe someone as cheerful and as annoying as him would have a tragic past.

            Xiao Zhe began crying again, "H-he killed her in front of my eyes! Eventhough i lost half of my memory, I still remembered that situation clearly...!"

            Then he glanced and looked at Simon, "W-what's your n-name again?"

            "Simon. You usually called me Simon ge-ge."

             "O-okay!" Then Xiao Zhe held his hands and begged, "Simon ge-ge! Please, p-please don't leave me alone here... i'm scared..."

              "Who said i was going to leave you?"

               Xiao Zhe lightened up upon hearing that.

               Simon then poured some water from the kettle and handed him a glass of water, "Here. Drink this."

               Xiao Zhe took it from his hand and obediently drank it.

             "D-Do you want to sleep? You can lean on my shoulder if you want to..."