💜Blades of Ice 2💜

Video is a little something to give you an idea of their performance. Of course it's not exactly the same but yeah, enjoy!

Zane's POV

Auditions went well. As I predicted, Pixal was chosen to be my partner, mainly because I told Coach Wu to pick her. He told me he agreed that we would make a great pair which made me smile.

I've been watching her during competitions and I've always admired the way she performed. You could say it got my circuits to stop working for a few moments because she was just mesmerizing. I have never seen any girl as graceful as she is.

"Good morning, Purple." I greeted with a smile as I saw her enter the rink.

"It's Pixal, remember?" She corrected me.

"Of course. I just prefer purple, because you seem to be very fond of the color."

"It has always been my lucky color."

"I see. Shall we start practice?"

"We shall." She played along and I laughed.

We went over the basics like working on our synchronization, learning each other's techniques, getting comfortable with each other.

"How?! I really don't understand the physics behind your skills." Pixal crossed her arms after I demonstrated my quadruple axel.

"It's all in the balance and technique." I nodded. "Let me see your signature move."

She bit her lip for a moment before skating to the middle. Pixal performed one of the fastest yet graceful spins I have ever seen. I was impressed. I didn't think she could woe me more than she already has.

"That was incredible! Even my spins aren't that smooth." I commented and she giggled.

"That's why we're partners, Zane. We work together, right?"

"Affirmative." I responded.

For the rest of the morning, we began goofing off and created different games we would use to past time.

"I really doubt you can play hockey." She leaned on the stick we found in the rink.

"You continue to underestimate me, Purple." I teased and dropped the puck onto the floor.

Once practice was over, we headed to the cafeteria at the top of the rink which gave a good view of the ice.

"Lunch is on me." I offered which made her shake her head.

"I can pay for myself, Zane."

"I insist, Purple."

She gave in and nodded before we both ordered our food.

"What is that?" I pointed towards the assorted vegetables on her plate as we sat down. The next few pairs who had training in the afternoon were now coming onto the rink.

"A diet? Don't you have one?" She raised an eyebrow.

"No. I do not believe that what I eat has anything to do with how I execute my skills." To make my point, I grabbed a fry and popped it in my mouth.

"Lucky! If I ever want to land my axels, I have to condition my body."

"It's good to treat yourself every once in a while, Pix."

Pixal smiled and I knew it was because I finally used her name.

"Here. Try it." I held out a French Fry in front of her and she took a bite with a little hesitation.