The God of Justice

Trixie stared at the body laying lifeless on the ground in front of her. Noticing red drops on her white stilettos, she carefully wiped it off calmly as if it was something as harmless as droplets of water. She followed Katya's movements with her eyes as the mafia leader walked around the warehouse, informing her men to box up any weapons or drugs they could find there since all the original owners were now gone. 

"Trixie, come." Katya finally said, making Trixie rise from the cold metal desk she had been sitting on and confidently walk over to the other woman.

Around her on all sides were the bloodied bodies of Katya's enemies. All of them decorated with bruises, cuts and gunshot wounds from Katya's men and the Russian woman herself. It had been nothing short of a massacre, and whilst the sight would have terrified Trixie mere months ago, it no longer impacted her at all. She felt more concerned about their blood staining her clothes than she felt about watching her lover mercilessly kill them all. 

She wondered if Katya knew yet.
Had she realized how corrupted Trixie truly was?
Did she know how much the doll had changed since they first ran into each other?

Trixie remembered how Katya had been interested in her because she was so different, how it was the doll's lack of knowledge of Katya's dark world that had made the Russian fall in the first place. It was what helped her stay human, she had said, and so Trixie couldn't help but wonder how the Russian would react once she realized that so much of that was now gone.

But Trixie couldn't help it, she couldn't feel anger towards what she witnessed any longer, because nothing seemed like a crime when it was Katya doing it. The harsh sound of a gun going off was silent in her ears when Katya pulled the trigger. A bloody knife just a magic wand in the Russian's hands. A noose just a show of mercy when the beautiful mafia boss was the one holding the rope.

Trixie knew it was wrong, deep down, and yet she could no longer hate the crimes Katya committed, in fact she was beginning to enjoy them. It was justice at the end of the day, an unconventional way to seek it out sure, but justice nevertheless. Katya was meant to have the power to place her judgement of death upon this twisted world, Trixie thought, and that feeling grew stronger every day. After all, she was the one punishing human traffickers within the underground world, she was the one giving a second chance to people who were desperate for loans, she was the one who wouldn't allow rapists to go free.

If anyone should hold the power to murder who they saw fit, should it not be someone like Katya?

She was truthfully a hero, Trixie thought, and underground hero who deep down wanted justice as much as anyone. Her goal was never random violence nor to just accept anything as long as she got her money. Katya wanted power, but not at the cost of innocent lives, this she had not lied about. When the mafia boss had said that she did not prey upon the weak as Trixie's father had done, the doll had not believed her, but now she did.

Katya punished those who would not be punished by law.
She was the Goddess of the underground world.
The grim reaper of earthly demons.

And Trixie loved her for it.

"Sorry you had to see that." Katya said as they drove off in her black Mercedes Benz S Class.

"It's okay, I didn't mind it. They deserved it." Trixie replied honestly.

The answer took Katya by surprise, never having heard Trixie say anything like that despite the violence and the many murders she had witnessed. Still, a part of her was happy, calmed by the doll not pushing her dark world away but instead slowly becoming comfortable with it, perhaps even slowly seeing herself as a part of it.

"They did, didn't they?" The Russian said, feeling somewhat pleased with herself.

"Of course they did, you never go after those who don't." 

Katya felt a smile graze her lips at that statement. 

"Finally, she understands."  The Russian thought to herself.