I blinked a few times to clear my vision then focused on the awake red bug. Tikki is hovering nearby, urgency carving her face.

   "Marinette, there is an akuma!"

   I am wide awake now, perking up at this distressing information. Without a second thought, I tossed my blanket aside and ran over to the window.

I looked through the glass, spotting many small, dark purple creatures with large ears running amuck around the streets and rooftops. They are destroying cars, street lamps, mailboxes, windows, and other objects. An infestation of menaces reining chaos wherever they step.

"What are those little vermin? They must be the akuma," I thought, turning to Tikki, "Whatever form they may take, I shall stop them from creating any more havoc."

"Tikki, spots on!" I said, feeling the rush of energy cascade over my form, "This is the second akuma I will have ever faced but this time, I have some experience."

Once the transformation is complete, my confidence is given a boost like the suit has an installment of assertiveness. I carefully open the window and scan the street below, making sure none of the creatures have spotted me.

Assured that their incompetence of my presence is seemingly unnoticed, I search for an area to latch my yoyo on. I spotted a pole sticking out from the side of a building across the road.

"It's now or never, I suppose," I thought, throwing the end of the yoyo. The string tightened, ready for me to swing.

"Here goes nothing," I muttered, praying I will not crash into anything. I managed to close my window before leaping away from the mansion, catching the eyes of all the small creatures wrecking the area. They began to chase me through the city down the roads, through alleyways, and across rooftops.

   I barely manage to avoid their little, grubby hands many times and having a difficult time trying to get away. I cannot seem to lose them, slowly growing nervous and frustrated. I searched for anything to help me escape this position I have placed myself in.

   "I need to figure out something fast," I thought, my energy rapidly draining, "I do not know how much longer I can keep this up."

   I threw my yoyo and swing through the air once again. Yet, a group of the creatures on the building I am heading for cut me off in mid-swing. They jumped off the roof let gravity pull them toward me. My eyes widen as one grabbed onto me then another and another. As the pile grew greater my grip on the string began to lessen.

I felt my heart stop and panic began to arise the instant my grip was no more. I let out a scream, covered in akumas and falling from the height of the tall building. I tried to quickly shake off the little demons and save myself from my impending doom below. Yet, it is futile. Only two fell off while many more kept ahold of me.

"No...this cannot be how this ends," I thought, fearfully, "I just barely started being a hero. I want to do more for the people who gave me a chance to be free and save the citizens of this city."

I ground below drew closer, causing me to panic. Adrenaline flowed through my veins, acting without thinking much about anything. The only thing I have on my mind is my survival instincts. My life flashes before my eyes, only a few good memories and people who are dear to me.