6. What Matters Most

Fan Art: both of them being sad , que sad .

A/N: this chapter is one of the ones that inspired this entire book, yay, i'm so excited about it, happy reading <333

_________________________________

Marinettes POV:

The past few days have been more then stressful, chat noir has been asking more and more as to why i'm constantly down . He notices the little things .

after the note was sent, alya has been acting extra nice around me, she thinks i'm mad at her . A part of me maybe is but it's not her fault, i trust her and she didn't do anything wrong, i did .

Making decisions as guardian is the hardest thing iv ever had to do, i don't know how master fu did it for so long, i'm barely almost on year 3 and i can't figure anything out .

the one thing i did though is what we're going to do about the note . one of the hardest decisions iv ever had to make as ladybug, but it's only temporary and it will protect not just me but everyone .

"Oh great ! alya you're here" i stop over thinking before i change my mind as alya walks in my room .

"you came up with a plan?" she asks sitting on my chaise, as i prepare to tell her i dabble all of the reactions she might have, i dabble with my own reaction in my mind .

the emotion hasn't really hit me yet, though i know it will when i have to tell him .

"yes i have" i reveal, "well.. what is it ?" she nervously asks awaiting the answer iv come up with to solve every problem there is . Though it's hard i know every problem has a solution, and this is the solution to this one.

i pause for a moment before saying anything, frozen, really processing what is about to happen, what i'm giving up .

"marinette? what's the plan" she gets teary, anxious.
i don't blame her, what i'm about to say is a big step, even for me .

"i need you to be ladybug" i blurt out not making eye contact, looking down at the floor .

"what? why?" shes almost resentful of the idea . "it's the only way he won't find out my identity, he's already gotten too close" her head shakes as if she's denying whats really happening .

"and you're sure this is the solution" she needs to be promised and reassured, "iv looked at this from every angle, this is the only way" i choke up a little, this needs to end one way or another.

"u-um we also have to be careful about being seen too close in public, it's dangerous, he's watching who you hang out with" i say, being away from people i care about is definitely not my strong suit .

But if this plan is going to work, it has to be and i have to put Paris first, not my own feelings .

"listen, so you'll be ladybug for as long as it takes for us to defeat hawkmoth, i'll be on the sidelines, helping you out, don't worry" i try to stay positive and not think about the worse .

"i made these all for you, a secret camera on this headband you'll be wearing from now on, so i can see what's going on, an electro wired ear bud, where i'll be able to talk to you" i pause for a second..

"i also made one for chat noir, i need you to give it to him during the first mission, i want to be able to speak to him as-well" i start to get a little cloudy .

"are you sure you're okay with this ?" Alya spins in her mind, "it doesn't matter if i am, Paris is my priority, it's what matters most right now" i put up a fake smile as if it didn't kill me.

"we'll maybe after defeating hawkmoth, you'll try to prioritize yourself for a change ?" i know what she's saying is what i should do, but i was put on this responsibility, i can't disappoint master fu, even if he doesn't remember .

"i'll give you the miraculous soon, i-i just need to umm do one thing first" i look down trying not to let the tears betray me .

"it's okay not to be okay marinette, we'll get through this" she stands up to hug me and there the sniffling goes . "i know" i close my eyes into the hug, i'm so lucky to have her as a best friend.

"oh and another thing, spots on" i smile and sniffle picking up the phone and calling chat, this is gonna be hard.

"hey kitty" i try to stay calm but of course he can sense the fear in my voice . "hey are you okay ? what's wrong?" i feel lucky to have him too .

"i need to borrow plagg if that's possible, just umm, tell him to come find me, he knows where" i stammer, "yes of course, is everything okay?" he worries, "everything will be, soon" we talk a little more and hang up the phone .

"i know it's probably not the time but he literally just noticed you weren't okay" Alya beams at our conversation as i detransform .

"alya, we're friends, and that's what friends are for"

~~~

"hey and before you leave, just let chat noir know this will work out fine and to meet me tomorrow night for patrol" i tell plagg before he leave .

i told him the plan, i want to tell chat noir myself, just us, i need him to hear it from me .
i couldn't bare to disappoint him anymore than i probably already have .

i don't want him to be kept in the dark anymore, it's true i feel i may have accidentally replaced him, and i'm never doing that ever again .

the last phew battles, alya stepped back, i don't know if it's for her or for me but either way, i just hope it made chat noir feel wanted .

"so alya, tomorrow please come early, i have a million rules i need to tell you before you take on this position, in fact, just stay over" i warn her, i may be controlling but it's never disappointed me before .

"oh yeah, don't want to go unprepared" she says sarcastically as we go to my bathroom to get ready for bed .

tomorrow is a long day, maybe i'm kind of dreading it because i won't be in complete control, but it'll keep almost everyone i love safe, and that's what matters most .

____________________________________

A/N: YIP YIP YAY i'm so excited for the next chapter, itll be like 2 more until the one where she tells him, and that's what inspired this entire book
happy reading <333