5. Dimples

Zaroon's POV:

I don't know why I felt nervous talking to her and she made me feel like that. I mean she is just Zaina the Zay we used to play with, we used to call funny names too. I've never felt like this in front of her. She was making me feel self-conscious which I've never felt in front of anyone.

'She is my cousin. I should act normal with her,' I said to myself.

Right now I'm driving my family to the hall where the Haldi ceremony is going to be held. I was in the driver's seat with Aiman in the passenger seat and Aunt Ilma and Mom were in the back seat. Afsheen api, dado and Zaina are coming in Ahmed's car. Thanks to my international driver's license I'm able to drive in India too. The car that I'm driving is Zaina's car. Man, she was so stubborn she threw a fit at home when she heard that I was going to drive her car. Uncle Murtaza had to convince her. She is not an easy-going girl like she was ten years ago.

After reaching the hall we went inside the hall. The beautiful traditional decorations bring a smile to my face. I've missed these things while I was in Dubai. I've missed Indian traditional celebrations. The colourful traditions that can mix bright colours in your monochrome life. The huge hall was decorated with white and yellow coloured clothes, lights and flowers of the same colour. The centre stage has a white coloured couch and two small white coloured couches and a round table is placed at the centre.

Afsheen api entered the room along with Aiman and Zaina at her side. The cameraman captured her every move. Api was looking genuinely happy and I felt happy looking at her. My eyes moved to Aiman. A pang of sadness filled my heart when I thought that one day she would also get married like this and leave us. I didn't look at Zaina's side because I knew if I looked at her I would not be able to divert my eyes from her for some reason.

Afsheen api got on the stage and sat on the big couch. Ahmed called me to help Dado on the stage. We helped her get out of the wheelchair and helped her on the stage. We sat her on the small couch on the right side of Afsheen api. Zaina and Aiman sat on both sides of api on the couch they posed for pictures. Api told me and Ahmed bhai to join them to take a cousin's picture. Then we all took pictures with Afsheen api. When all the guests reached the hall the main tradition of the ceremony started. All the women got on stage one by one and applied ubtan on api's face mostly on her forehead and they were also feeding her all the sweets that were beautifully placed on the table. Dado applied the ubtan first then Mom and Aunt Amena followed by Aunt Ilma and then all the female guests did the same. When all the married females were done applying ubtan on api's forehead it was time for unmarried girls to apply ubtan on her face. Aiman and Zaina had a smirk on their face when they got on stage after meeting and attending the guests. I knew that they were going to do something sarcastic with api. They went in front of api and took a big amount of ubtan in their hand and started rubbing it all over api's face together laughing hardly. They were having one of the happiest days of their life. I felt content looking at them happy. When my gaze fell on Zaina I froze looking at her beautiful smile I've never seen a smile like that. I had no words to describe her smile because it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life. Her shiny white teeth and those deep ocean-like dimples were making my heart go crazy. The way her eyes crinkled when she laughed. I wanted to see her laughing like that my whole life. I want to be the reason for her smile someday. That's what my heart said. I don't even know how long I've been staring at her but it's been a quite while since I've been staring at her shamelessly.

"Zaroon" Ahmed shook my arm breaking my daydreams.

"Huhh yes," I said dumbly.

"What happened? why are you staring at them?" He asked.

"Uhm nothing" I said and thought for an answer because I was sure if he found out that I was staring at his sister he would punch my face.

"Just looking at Aiman she is looking so happy here," I said. Well, it's true though because I've never seen her this happy. After all, she is a girl who loves other's company and there at Dubai we don't have many relatives and people to spend our time with.