CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Začať od začiatku

"Excuse us." Paris cut Jacob off, quickly dragging him away "Those are not friends."

He rolled his eyes "I was being polite."

"Well, don't."

Dean's lips pursed "So, that's Paris?"

"Yes, it is." Rory sighed.

"She seems fun." He mused politely.

Hayden snorted "No, she is not."
☕️

HAYDEN bit her lip as she sat beside Tristan at their table. Dinner was over and everyone else had gone to dance, all she wanted to do was join them "So, do you want to dance?"

"No." His voice was low, monotone.

At least he was speaking now. Hayden sighed as she slumped in defeat "Can you just tell me what's wrong? Why you're being like this?"

"Like what?" He scoffed and she flinched in surprise at his tone "Not the perfect boyfriend? Well newsflash, I'm good at disappointing people so get used to it."

"Like a jerk." Hayden snapped before quickly getting to her feet and joining her sister at her table.

Rory was rubbing her sore feet when the chair beside her was pulled out and she took one look at her sisters face and frowned "What's wrong?"

Hayden sighed in defeat "I don't know... Tristan's been in this awful mood all night and he won't even dance with me."

When Rory kicked his shin and sent him a look Dean sighed silently before standing and holding out his hand "Well, I'd be honoured to dance with you."

The girl hesitated before glancing to her sister for approval and Rory grinned "Go, go, my feet are out of commission. He's all yours."

Hayden smiled as she and Dean made their way to the dance floor "So, how's it going?"

"Well, I mean we only just started dancing—"

She cut him off with a chuckle "I meant tonight, with Rory."

His eyes widened in realisation "Oh. Well, pretty good but no offence, dances aren't really my thing."

"I know, that's why you earned major brownie points tonight." Hayden smiled softly "Because you came anyway for Rory."

"I'd do anything if it made her happy." He shrugged and Hayden could see the sincerity in his words.

She smiled "Good. Now, all you have to do is—"

Hayden was distracted by Paris' ever raising voice and the girl turned to see her bent over in Rory's face "So, how many people have you told? Four? Five? Everybody?"

Rory frowned in confusion "What are you talking about?"

"You know that Jacob is my cousin and now you finally have all the ammunition to pay me back, right?" Paris sneered.

Hayden's eyes widened at the news whilst Rory shook her head "I don't want to pay you back. I just want to get away from you."