Rival

N o e l

For the first time in my life, I had never wished for my brother to be here more than I did right now.

Yes, I said some horrible things to him but siblings fight that's just how it is. It wasn't as if I actually wanted him gone in the first place, how was I supposed to live my life like this?

"Let go of me you bastards!" I yelled as I struggled against the men carrying me away.

Once again, some brutes were trying to pick a fight with me but instead of just fighting, they were attempting to just snatch me up off the street!

This wouldn't even be happening right now if Cole had never left and I found myself blaming him for this.

From a young age, I had always felt like the two of us were different sides of a coin. We were attached to one another but never actually saw the other. We've always been compared, even if Father never said it out loud I could tell what he was thinking.

At some point, I had even begun to consider him as my rival but after a while I realized that was stupid of me.

Cole wasn't my rival, no, he wasn't someone who could ever be a rival to me. Rivals competed against one another and were typically on the same level as one another. But that would never be the case between us because Cole excelled in everything he did no matter what it was. Be it academics, fighting, or even just something as simple as cooking, he did it better.

And it irritated me.

How is it that he was the one to get out of all this? No one wants to kill people and sell illegal drugs for a living, but my father seemed to think that's what I desired. And I couldn't object, I was nothing without my family. I wasn't smart so I couldn't think my way out nor was I strong, meaning I can't fight my way out.

Even now as I was being dragged to some random thugs car, I knew I would be powerless to stop them. Which is why all I could do was pray for some kind of miracle to happen and get me out of this.

And just then, a miracle happened.

My eyes caught sight of a familiar face in the crowd, how could I not when I've known that face all my life. But I didn't have time to be distracted by the changes in his features as these thugs were forcing me into their car.

"Hey!!! Cole!!!" I yelled and I could see Cole turn his head in our direction. His eyes quickly locked on to us and they furrowed in confusion.

I had no idea how lucky I had gotten that Cole just happened to be in the area as this shit was going down but I thanked everything holy that he was,

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?!" One of the guys said as he covered my mouth.

"We should have duct taped his mouth shut!" Another said.

"Forget that let's just hurry and get out of here" the last one said.

At first, Cole just stared at us and I started to get worried. Surely he wouldn't let these thugs just kidnap me! I was his brother after all! Even if we had our differences, didn't that mean something?

I could feel the engine start and with it, so did my panic.

No way...was Cole really going to-

Before I could finish my thought, I saw Cole running over to us and I immediately felt myself relax a bit. These guys didn't stand a chance against Cole so my safety was once again guaranteed.

Thank god.

A thump from the back of the car caught everyone's attention.

"The fuck was that?" The driver asked.