Scaredy Cat - May

Start from the beginning

"Here we go..." I thought to myself as I controlled the stick and navigated the claw.

I was too focused in targeting the toy that I lost time. The timer stopped and the claw automatically returned to its original place. I sighed and just put in another coin and tried to get the plushie.

But after how many tries, I failed. I fvcking...

"Where are those two now, I really need help here." I mumbled.

I looked around especially at the booth where they were supposed to be, but they were gone. I roamed my eyes around but I couldn't see any sign of them.

"Did they just leave me here?!" I screeched.

I huffed and crossed my arms before turning my attention back to the claw machine. Well, I should at least get this freaking stuffed toy before I go home.

I stretched my arms after inserting a coin and focused all my attention on targeting the plushie. As soon as the timer started ticking, I controlled the joystick and carefully placed it just above the toy.

"That shouldn't be how it's done."

I flinched when I heard a voice speak from beside me. And when I turned my head, the person I was wanting to see this whole time was just inches away from me, looking at the toys inside the machine.

"May..." I murmured.

Then she looked back at me and my breath hitched when she showed me a smile.

"Do you want that blue plushie?" she made some distance between us and pointed at what I was trying to get.

"Yes." I still couldn't believe that she was here, so my voice barely came out as a whisper.

"Then, I can get it for you if you want." she offered.

I instantly nodded my head and stepped aside so she can control the machine. The timer already stopped so I brought out another coin from my pocket. But it was empty now.

My eyes widened as I averted my gaze to her, just to see that she was looking back at me. My hand froze in my pocket as I slowly smiled sheepishly.

When she got the message that I lost coins, she cracked up and patted my shoulder.

"It's okay. I have coins." she chuckled and inserted one at the machine.

I watched as she fully focused on controlling the claw and getting the stuffed toy. Her jaw was clenched and I admired the way her determination was visible through her eyes.

She looked really cool but when she beamed and cheered all of a sudden, a smile formed in my lips as I got mesmerized by her beauty.

"Y/n, I got it!" she jumped up and down.

I widened my eyes when I realized that she actually has the blue plushie on her hand. Perhaps I was too busy staring at her beauty that I forgot what she was actually trying to do.

"You got it! Oh my God you did it!" I jumped with her and we both squealed in happiness.

I was too happy that I unconsciously held her hand and when we finally calmed down, it was when we both realized that our hands were firmly clasped together.

"Oh, uh, here it is." she held out the stuffed toy for me without pulling her other hand away from mine.

I felt a blush spread on my cheeks as I grabbed the plushie from her, mouthing a 'thank you' afterwards. Her smile never disappeared from her face and the more I felt her warm hand holding mine, the more my heartbeat increased.