Back to Reality (ALT)

(A/n): Hey guys! I finally, for 900k reads, wrote an Eren ALT ending. No, unfortunately, this is not canon to my book, but it will be up forever!!! The first half is the same as the actual ending just a few things are mixed up. HOWEVER, READ AFTER SHE MEETS WITH EREN because this is completely changed. Thank you!!! I hope you enjoy!!!!

Year 854

"So... What?" I ask as he looks at his reflection in the water of the canal of Shiganshina.

"Mmhm...What I showed you is a dream I had...More or less...What I wanted," Eren says as I cross my arms.

"And...What about the baby? Is it yours or Jeans? Man, you really have me confused now..." I ask, scratching the back of my head as he sighs.

"I just told you...Everything you saw was just a made-up dream I wanted to show you, everything to being back to Shiganshina was all a lie, throw it out your head. The baby is Jeans and everything else was just made up..." Eren said as I scoot closer to him on the grass.

"But...Why show it to me?" I ask as he shrugs.

"I just...I needed you to see how I wanted my life to go...Our life...What I wanted since I wouldn't be able to live it," Eren said as I look down with my brows furrowed with sadness.

"Just come back, Eren..." I say as he shies away from me.

"I would...I really would... But, I can't...You know this, just don't want to believe it... If I did, no one would survive," Eren said as he looks up into the sky.

"Aren't I dead after this? Ymir said that she'd give me until all the chaos was over..." I say while looking at my ring.

"Ymir is really smart, hm..? After all of this chaos, the Ymir Curse will be broken... No more Titans, no more Titan fluid, no more bullshit keeping all of you from roaming free. That means when you're done here, you'll no longer have your life held by strings. She worded it off, but she wanted you, deep down, to keep moving on..." Eren said as my eyes widened.

"And you did all of this, for us? What if I do die? There is no certainty to anything anymore," You say as Eren turns to me, making me jump until he puts his finger in the center of my head.

"What isn't that you don't understand?! You're just as stubborn since you left, you know?" Eren yells while pounding into my head.

After the center of your head began to get tender, he pulled away from his fingers and continued to hold himself in his knees and again, shying away.

"I'm sorry, (Y/n)," Eren says as I lift my brows.

"For pushing you all away...Calling you those names...Sliting your throat when I knew you couldn't heal...For hurting you...I was just so desperate to get away from all of you that I did everything I could. My body couldn't take the feeling of betrayal...For going against my own feelings...So I...I continued to still hold on to that love, just never admitted it to you," Eren says as my eyes widen.

"Is this it?" I ask as he looks at me.

"Hm?" He hums as I dig my face into my knees.

"What you wanted to tell me...When I kept pushing you away like you were nothing...Like your feelings were nothing...I want to know, Eren...I want to know what you've always wanted to say," I say as Eren pushed himself up from the green grass and marches away with his hands in a clutch.

"Hey! This isn't your cue to up and leave!!" I shout at him as I cut my sentence off when he held his hand out to me.

"Just hush will you?," Eren said as I hesitantly reached for his fingers.