THREE, young souls

Start from the beginning

my mind wanders as i step over the baby gate that protects harley from going up the stairs. my shoes make noise as i walk from the stairs to the living room.

my jaw slightly drops as i see what was making all the noise. "jesus you would've thought you brought a whole group of elephants in the house with the amount of noise you're making" i say and everyone's head snaps to look towards me.

"who?" i hear a voice ask before they're shoved. "moonie" an even more familiar voice breathes out. it's one i wasn't sure i would ever hear in my life. a voice i didn't even know i remembered.

my head cocks to the side as his dark eyes pierce mine. hyunjin stares at me and i stare back. we're different from the last time we actually had a civil conversation with one another. he's way taller now, i'm way skinner. his hair is short and no longer colored and mine is long.

we look different but we're still the same young souls that once danced in harmony.

when i see him standing there, i can't help but feel some sort of resentment for the words he spewed to me on the steps of the school when i told him the true identity of the person that had been sending him those loving letters.

"a relationship! with me? me and you?! are you serious" his voice is loud, he's yelling. "i would never be with you moonie! are you joking?!" he scoffs as a tear rolls down my face.

"you always cried and complained and you wonder. you wonder why none of the boys in this school like you or have every wanted to get with you, it's because you're mean and you set people up. just wait till jaemin sees you and what you do."

i continue to sob as the boy spews harsh words.
"we were friends moonie, that's all we ever were."

my legs are stuck in the same place as i repeat the moment over and over in my head. the boys seem to be paralyzed too. i think it's from shock.

it's been so long since they really saw me. so long since we've been face to face.

"you're moonie?" i look over to see who had asked me the question. it is the only sound that has been made in at least a minute. jisung's head is cocked to the side and i know he's the one that just asked the question.

"yeah" i say, turning to him. he still sits on the couch so i bend down to his level. "you're jisung?" i ask cocking my head to the side. he nods looking straight at me. "i could tell with a stupid question like that" my hand raises and i flick the boys forehead.

"yup definitely moonie" he says rubbing the spot where i had hit him. "moonie you got..." felix trails off as he gives me a look, one down, one up.

"hot" seungmin finishes.

i can't help but laugh at them. "thank you, but if you'll excuse me for just a second" i walk over to the kitchen where my parents are peeking out from behind the wall. "you surprised me with them?! i didn't even tell them i was coming. i was going to surprise them at innie's graduation and hyunjin's here!" i whisper yelled and they both nod, sheepishly.

"i don't know what happened between you two but he was heartbroken when you left" my mom says and i cock a brow. "hyunjin? heartbroken? when i left?" my tone changes and she nods. "oh lord, i'm not mad, i promise i'm just shocked at the fact that they're here!"

my father sighs before pushing me back out to the boys.

their whispering stops when i come back. "i'm sorry, hi" i say and they all get wide smiles on their faces. "hi!" felix shouts before tackling me down to the ground.

he meant to hug me but the pure force of his hug sends us both flying to the floor. "ouch" i wince as the boy continues to squeeze me like an orange for juice. "i missed you! i missed you! i missed you!" the boy repeats over and over again as he hugs my poor body.

"i missed you too you oaf and i love you but get off of me! i'm not as chunky as i was before you're gonna break my bones in half!" i say and he quickly gets off of me.

"if your bones are weak, does that mean you're not drinking enough milk in the states?" jisung points a finger at me and i furrow my eyebrows. "sometimes i wish you had a mute button."

"you got hot but your mouth is still as mean as it's always been" he tells me and i shoot him a glare before sending a pillow flying towards him.

i greet all of the boys besides hyunjin before i look around at the room, seeing if i missed anyone. seeing if chan or jaemin happened to show up.

i know i shouldn't have expected jaemin. but, a girl can be hopeful right?

my head turns to look at hyunjin and when i look at him, his eyes look in a different direction. i bend down like i'm going to hug him but i whisper in his ear.

"i'm going to be civil for the sake of the boys tonight, but i want you to know, your words have played in my mind ever single day since you said them. they might have forgiven you for what you did to them but i won't and i will never in my life ever accept you as one of my friends again. got it?" i ask before pushing away from him.

i see slight tears in his eyes before he looks away nodding. he won't even make eye contact with me. i smooth my dress out before plastering a fake smile on my face, turning around to look at everyone else.

"come on, i'm hungry, let's eat."

AUTHORSNOTE

AUTHORSNOTE.zip
the way she attacks hyunjin. she's so
hot. not again illiad supremacy>>>>