"Ice cream, but evidently, it's too cold."

"Yeah... way cold."

"But not to worry, just follow me!" Y/n laughed at his tone of voice, "Did I say something?"

"No," she smiled, "You just kind of sound like a superhero."

"Being a hero is quite admirable, so thank you."

A short walk later, Iida had led them to a small café down the road. It was quaint, charming, and welcoming - easily making y/n smile at its features. They were greeted by an employee and seated at a booth, handed menus as they settled. 

"This place is cute."

"It is," Iida agreed, "When I was younger, my brother would bring me here after school on Fridays for a treat."

"That's so sweet of him," y/n smiled, "Taking his brother out for some quality time."

"He's always been like that... Admirable, but sometimes his charm would be taken advantage of when it came to girlfriends."

"Well, they didn't deserve him anyway. If somebody's gonna treat you like a prick, then they aren't worth having in your life."

Iida focused on her face as she spoke, but still took in her words, "You're very wise, L/n."

"Me? Wise? Cam and I crossed a highway just to get to Walmart."

"That's- extremely dangerous, but you're knowledgeable," Y/n listened but was still confused, "Your views on the world and people are good."

"Alright? I still don't think I'm wise, I just know my worth." 

A waiter came up to their table and took their dessert orders, then quickly left - Leaving the pair to return to their conversation. Throughout their time at the café, they stole quick glances at each other, catching the other person each time they did.

Once their desserts had arrived, they dove straight in, the simple yet flavorful tastes making them go in for more. 

"This is amazing, oh my god," Y/n complimented. 

Without thinking, Iida blurted out, "You're amazing," Although it was quiet, Y/n still heard.

"Huh?" She perked up. 

Realizing what he said, he panicked, "I'm sorry, I just- I didn't realize I said that out loud-"

Y/n laughed at his panicked state, "It's ok, Iida... really," She comforted, "Thank you." 

"Uh... You're welcome," He averted his eyes trying to avoid embarrassment. 

"For the record, you're pretty cool too," She smiled.

"Thank you..."

This is the first time she had seen Iida at a loss for words, considering it was normally her in that position. As they cleared their plates once more, Iida paid again despite Y/n's protests. As they exited the café, they walked around the lit-up town side by side. 

"Thank you for tonight, Iida. I had a really good time." 

"It's my pleasure, l/n. I had a good time as well." 

"You know you don't have to talk so properly around me, right?" 

"I'm aware, but it's habitual." 

Y/n smiled, "You don't have to, but just remember you can loosen up when you're with me." 

"I'll try my best to keep it in mind," He looked down toward her face to make eye contact, trying not to dart his eyes at the slightly revealing neckline of her dress. "This is inappropriate, Tenya." With their time slowly coming to a close, they walked back toward the meeting spot for Tensei. "L/n, can I ask you something?" 

"Of course, what's up?" She smiled at him innocently. 

"Well," He started nervously, "Would it be alright if... If we did something like this again?" 

"Like going out?"

"Yes..."

She looked down and smiled. It wasn't usual for her to go out on Valentine's, but to be asked to go out again? Once in a blue moon, "I would like that...!"

"Perfect! It's..." He continued the rest of his sentence slightly quieter, "It's a date."

She looked him in the eyes, surprised at his words, "A date...?" heat rushed to her face and displayed pink across her cheeks. 

"Yes, if that's alright?"

"Yeah," She smiled excitedly, "It's a date."

As if on cue, Tensei pulled next to the curb, "Get in, lovebirds!"

"Tensei!" Iida called.

"What? Am I wrong?"

"I- Keep to yourself," He backed out defensively, and Tensei laughed. The pair climbed into the back of the car, smiling and blushing messes. 

"You two have fun?" Tensei drove off toward Y/n's house. 

"Yeah," she started, "It was nice," She looked toward Iida with a sweet smile. 

"Had a feeling you'd like it. Now let's get you home."

"Yeah, wouldn't wanna piss off my Dad."

"Agreed. He seemed very serious," Iida agreed.

"He's just protective over me."

"Understandable. You're his child and he wants the best for you," Iida explained. 

Tensei chimed in, revving his engine, "Well he should be quite impressed. I'll get you back in record time." 

"Tensei, don't speed!" Iida warned.

"Chill Tenya, I'm not."

Arriving at her house in [indeed] in record time, Iida led her toward the door. "I'm glad we were able to do this tonight, l/n."

"Y/n."

"Hm?"

"Call me Y/n." 

"Oh! Well, Y/n. In that case, you can call me Tenya."

"Ok... Tenya, I'm happy we could do this too." Hearing each other's first names roll off their tongues so smoothly made them both smile. Avoiding further embarrassment, Y/n opened the door, "I'm home!" 

"Y/n! How was it?!" Her mom questioned, running and hugging her daughter.

"It was fun," She tapped her mother's shoulder, signaling she couldn't breathe. 

"I'm so happy for you!!" She let go and turned toward Iida, "Thank you for taking her out tonight. It isn't every day she gets to go out like this with a boy."

"Mom, stop!"

"Alright, Alright."

Iida responded charmingly, "It's my pleasure Mrs. L/n. Y/n is a joy to have around."

"Oh good! First name basis too? Must have gone well!"

"Ok, Ma," Y/n scooted toward the door, "I'll see you soon, Tenya. Thank you again."

"Goodnight, Y/n." She closed the door and Iida headed toward the car again. 

"SO, how well did it go?" Tensei asked driving back.

"I uhm, well-"

"Spit it out, Tenya."

"I asked her out on another date..."

"Way to go Tenya! Did she say yes?"

"She did. And-"

"There's more?"

"We're on a first-"

"YOU'RE ON A FIRST-NAME BASIS?!"

"Yes."

"Shit! My brother's got game!"

"Language."

1592 words