9

The boys stood around the end of the staircase and turned at the sound of her voice. Tensei was easy to head toward the front door, "Let's go!" 

Y/n followed him, but Iida stayed behind. He was still used to seeing her in her school uniform despite the many weekends they had spent together - But something about the outfit she chose today made his eyes follow her. Before he knew it, they were way ahead, and he was still staring, "This is inappropriate..."

He sped forward to catch up, trying to avoid suspicion - But Tensei was quick to notice, looking at Iida with a knowing look. Iida tensed up and tried to brush it off, to no avail. 

"I didn't alert the driver, because I'm fully capable of driving," Tensei spoke, "You guys stay here, and I'll grab my car." He headed off, and out of sight.

"Ok!" Y/n was excited to go even though she had been downtown before - It was more fun with friends. 

As his brother was out of earshot, Iida cleared his throat, "L/n, your choice of clothing from our selection suits you very well," He was evidently stiff, and resorted to speaking unnecessarily properly.  

She looked at him slightly confused, "Uh, thanks," She smiled.

"You're welcome."

A revved-up engine could be heard outside the door, and soon after, Tensei came through, "Come on."

Y/n stepped outside and was met with the chill of February, and the view of a black sports car - Both giving her goosebumps. "Woah..."

"Do you like it? It's a prototype for the family's brand." 

"It's really nice," She opened the door and checked out the interior, "Damn." 

"Well don't be shy, take a seat!" 

She did just that and was immediately comforted by the smooth leather. Iida sat next to her, too chivalrous to have her sit in the back by herself. Tensei sat in the driver's seat and started the car, the explosive rumble of the car making Y/n jump - Iida smiled at her reaction. 

They pulled out of the driveway and they took off, very smoothly, downtown. They arrived in record time, and he pulled into a spot and [annoyingly] paid for parking. 

"Ok, kids, where you wanna go?"

"There's a cool store down the road with a bunch of stuff?" Y/n blurted out.

"Lead the way!" Tensei was willing to do basically anything. She walked down the street with confidence in where she was going, speeding through the crowds leading up to the store. Approaching, she opened the door, letting the boys in. 

"Here we are!" The shop was filled to the brim with random trinkets, clothes, and more - A collector's dream. Tensei looked around with approval, but his brother was immediately overwhelmed by the clash of colors and objects. 

"What an interesting place..." he pushed his glasses up and observed his surroundings. 

Y/n agreed with a nod, immediately scouring the place for something interesting. Coming to the store often when she was bored, she knew where everything was - As well as how often new things came in... two days ago to be exact. She took her sweet time to explore the new items, Iida following her, not knowing where else to look. 

Moving from one section to another, she made her way through the store, showing Iida things she found funny - Although he flushed at how dirty her humor seemed to be. 

"Y/n that is- incredibly innapropriate," He looked toward the celing, avoiding contact with the object she was holding

"Oh come on, they're great!" she laughed, "They're sweatpants that say 'stop staring at my cock' on them!" She could barely keep it together. 

"I know what they are-" It was safe to say that he wasn't used to this kind of humor when it came to his normal friend group. 

Tenseilooked over towards the two of them, seeing the sweatpants and laughing, "Lighten up, Tenya! They're funny," He smiled. 

After a while of laughing at random things around the store, they filled out the afternoon. Y/n checked her phone and checked the time. 

"I should probably head home soon..." 

Tensei agreed, "Good point. Wouldn't wanna keep your mom waiting."

"I guess I should grab my stuff and then head home?" 

"Sounds like a plan!" 

The group walked back to the car and zoomed their way back to the Iida house. 

"Uh, Iida, can you show me where the room is again?" Y/n had easily frogotten with the floorplan of the house being too much for her to handle. 

"Of course," He got out of the car and opened her door before she could even flinch. 

"Oh, thank you," She hesitated her way out of the vehicle, not expecting the rapid chivalry. 

"We'll be right back, Tensei." 

He gave his brother a knowing look, "Take your time..."

Iida stiffened at the ideation, trying to shake it off by continuing his guidance through his house. 

Y/n broke the short silence, "You alright?"

"Yes! My brother can be a bit... insifferable, at times," he sighed. 

"Alright," Y/n smiled, "You gotta learn not to take things so seriously, Iida." 

He looked at her with slight confusion, "How else am I supposed to take things?"

"With a grain of salt." She explained, "Just- relax your shoulders for a start." Although he didn't realize it, his shoulders were hiked up - Relaxing them was suprisingly a great releif. "There you go!"

They reached her guest room and quickly grabbed her belongings that were conveniently placed on the bed. Iida stood at the doorway and lossley watched her grab her things. Seeing her walk toward the bed made him shudder and stiffen slightly, "This is terribly innapropriate... Even if she is an attractive young woman, I cannot succumb to childish behaviors and thoguhts..."

She turned around to find him looking at the ground with an especially conflicted gaze. 

"Alright, let's go!" 

Her sudden voice of action knocked him out of his head, bringing him back to the world in front of him. He nodded, and led the way, Y/n by his side. Making it back to Tensei's car, he opened the door for her, Y/n climbing inside. Not being in a rush, Tensei cruised along the back roads, opening the windows to let the wind blow thier hair back. 

Y/n hair decided to crowd her face, but gazing in the front seat, she saw Iida's hair blowing back to reveal a neatly kept undercut. "AN UNDERCUT?! Who knew the kid had style...?" The shock took her back slightly, putting her in a slight trance. "Why's it kind of... dare I say... hot?" Her sudden realization made her snap out of it and stiffen, eyes wide open and foward. She whispered under her breath, "Shit..."

"Did you say something?" Tensei called from the front.

"Nope!" She panicked. 

"Ok... We're here though." The car slowed and the windows closed, covering Iida's mysterious undercut once more. 

Once again, he opened the door for her and made sure she got into her house safely. Once she was inside, Iida climbed bakc into the roaring vehicle, letting out a sigh-like breath he didn't know he was holding. 

"I hope you're planning something for her on Valentine's day," Tensei stated. 

"Friday, correct?" 

"Mhm," He drove back towards their own estate, "I'm sure she'll appreciate anything, but don't make it too cliché or simple." 

"She's neither of those things, so I wouldn't imagine doing so."

"Good."

1226 words