7

Iida led the way to the dining hall, where they were met by the rest of the family approaching their seats. The hall was elegantly decorated and went on for what seemed like forever. The table was made of perfectly glazed wood, and the chairs matched with velvet cushions. 

"L/n! I'm so glad you decided to join us tonight!" His mother greeted her. 

"Thank you for having me, Mrs. Iida."

"Oh of course! You're welcome anytime l/n." Y/n smiled in return with a thank you, "Please, sit, sit!" She gestured to any available seat. She sat next to Iida due to her being the most comfortable with him. 

Without announcement, the hall doors opened with a handful of servers with silver trays of food. Y/n's eyes widened dramatically, the culture shock hitting her like a truck. Her common and comfortable ways definitely not being used to being served in such a manner. She leaned over to Iida and whispered, "Is this how you guys are served all the time?"

"Yes, it is."

"Interesting..."

"Indeed."

When the food was placed on the table, the covers were lifted to reveal a meal fit for a king. Tensei noticed her shock and smiled, "Not used to this, are you?"

She shook her head, "Not at all. At home, we just leave the food on the stove and take it when we want."

Iida chimed in, "I can confirm."

"It takes a bit to get used to, don't worry," Tensei assured as he reached for food, "Well don't be shy..."

Y/n reached for what she wanted and placed them on her plate. Carefully, she took a bite and was immediately hit with a world of flavor. Sure, she's had it before, but not like this. Her mom made it every now and then, and it was really good - but the way these chefs prepared it was outstanding. 

Iida noticed her shock and smiled as he ate, knowing exactly what she was thinking. Y/n and the family ate together and indulged, making conversation as the minutes passed and getting to know each other with every second. 

Y/n's worries from earlier melted away, and she ate as she pleased, wanting to try each thing that was made. Eventually, she got full and placed her utensils down, "That was really good..." 

"I'm glad you liked it!" His mother smiled. 

Like it was staged, the servants came back to collect the dishes like it was a restaurant. But unlike a restaurant, there wasn't dessert - Y/n being secretly pleased even though she was curious as to how good they would be. She followed them to the living room, keeping by Iida's side. 

"Are you feeling better?" He asked

"Yeah... thank you." 

"You're welcome L/n." 

She was silent for a second, but spoke up again, "Sorry for earlier." 

"Don't be sorry, l/n. We all have moments like these, so it's only natural." 

"But it was pretty uncalled for..."

"Things like these happen, and the least I can do is help."

She thought about it for a second and smiled at his unconditional caring, "Thank you, Iida." 

"You're welcome, l/n. I'll always be here if you need anything."

"The same to you."

Back in the elegant living room, everybody took their seats and conversation naturally commenced. 

"So, how is this partner project going?" Iida's father asked.

She let Iida take the lead, "I would say it's going well."