11

"Am I one to kid around?" 

"No, but Iida - This place is like, HELLA expensive!" 

"No need to worry, I've got it covered." He led the way and opened the door for her. She shook off the immediate shock, and entered, observing the beautifully decorated restaurant with romantically dim lighting. 

"Welcome to Bel Amour, do you have a reservation?"

"Yes, Iida for two."

"Perfect, follow me." The pair was escorted to a white clothes table decorated with a candle in the center surrounded by rose petals for the occasion. 

"Iida, this place is..." She was at a loss for words, "Wow."

He smiled at her reaction, "Yes, but you deserve nothing short of perfect." 

She looked at him with wide eyes, feeling lucky that the dim lights hid the sudden rush of red to her face, once again at a loss for words. Iida kept up his smile and glanced at the menu in front of him, observing the options. Y/n followed suit but stopped when she saw that each item was titled in French, "Shit, I can't read this!"

Although it was a slight struggle, she luckily got by with the item descriptions written in English. Soon enough, their waiter came and poured ice water into their glasses. She took drink orders and came back in another few minutes to place orders for starters and meals. Once everything was discussed and served, Y/n and Iida were finally able to have a conversation without being interrupted.

She delved into her food, amazed at the flavor profiles, "This is... really good - Oh my god."

"This place is well known for its French cuisine," Iida rambled slightly, sounding like a commercial. 

Over the course of the meal, conversation swirled around them along with looks of genuine adoration and smiles toward each other.  Y/n was used to his company by now, although it was forced at first - But something about tonight felt different. She wasn't sure if it was his shirt showing off the size of his muscles, the dim lighting and the fancy food, or just the fact that it was Valentine's - But a switch had been flipped in her. It closed the circuit of feelings, allowing electric emotions to rush throughout her. 

When their plates had been cleared off the table, Iida took the check, glancing at it as the total came to a measly $5. Placing the open checkbook on the table, he grabbed cash for the tip, allowing Y/n to peek at the bill. "$230?! For just us two?! Fucking ridiculous... 30 BUCKS IN DRINKS ALONE?!" She paled at the price, reminding herself to stick to cooking at home until she could get over the expense. 

"Are you feeling alright, y/n?" Iida questioned, "You're looking a bit pale..." 

"Yeah, I'm alright... Just the uh, price... makes me wanna puke." 

He shook his head, "Please, don't worry yourself over it - I've got everything covered tonight," He looked at her with confirmation. The waiter ran the card and he placed it back into his wallet. Santing up, he stepped toward her seat, smiled, and held his hand out toward her, "Ready to go?" 

She nodded and smiled, making eye contact. The dim lighting created shadows that defined the natural features of his face - Y/n not noticing until tonight. Stepping outside, the cold February airbrushed their skin, scattering goosebumps across them. Y/n clutched her jacket close to conserve heat. 

"Are you alright?" Iida asked.

She looked up at his concerned face, "Yeah, it's just colder than I dressed for."

"Perhaps my original Idea isn't favorable then..." He squinted his eyes, deep in thought, "You know, I have another idea."

"Wait, what was your original plan?"