8

The next morning, Y/n woke up feeling well-rested and awake, contrary to normal. She grabbed her phone and placed it in the pocket of her pajama pants, guiding herself back downstairs based on memory from last night. Although it took her a short while, she found her way to the living room where she was lucky to find the Iida family. 

Mrs. Iida was the first to spot her, "Morning l/n, hope you slept well!"

"I did, actually," She replied, matter-of-factly. 

Out of habit, she took a seat next to Iida, "Good morning, l/n."

"Morning, Iida," She greeted, still remembering what his mother said the night before. Almost by accident, she looked up toward Mrs. Iida, the woman giving her a knowing look. 

Like it was on cue, a service member appeared at the doorway, "Breakfast is ready." 

Mr. Iida spoke up, "Thank you, we'll be right there." The member bowed and exited, obviously well-trained. He then turned towards everybody, "Well, you heard the man. No time to waste!"

Everybody got up from their seats and headed toward the dining hall, Y/n just following behind. Tensei stayed back to question her, "What did she say last night?"

Y/n stopped walking and looked to see if Iida was within earshot, "So last night, she was surprised that studying wasn't the only thing we do to keep busy. I said that I was a good distraction," She spoke fast to get it over with, "She said I was pretty, which would prove as a good distraction for him."

"What?"

"Exactly!" She agreed, "I explained how I was talking about how much I talk, but then she said something about the way your brother looks at me sometimes?"

"She notices everything, doesn't she?" 

Y/n felt it was safe, so she resumed walking, "I guess so!"

"I see it every now and then, but I didn't think much of it."

"You too?" 

"I can't help it!"

"She told me to look out for it, but whatever." 

"There's no harm in trying."

"I guess." They made their way to the dining hall, slightly after the others. Y/n took a seat next to Iida, and the food was presented in a similar fashion to last night. The group took what they pleased and ate, the guest of the house feeling slightly less awkward than the night before. 

Keeping what both Tensei and his mother said in mind, Y/n quickly glanced at Iida while listening to the conversation that neither of them was contributing to. Much to her surprise, his eyes were locked on her rather than the people talking. She looked back to her food immediately, and he did as well, trying not to get caught in the act. She continued to eat, thinking about how they were right. 

After breakfast, they headed toward the living room again, his parents heading off to different rooms as they needed - Just leaving Y/n and the brothers. The silence was loud, and the tension was thick and uncomfortable. 

Luckily, Iida stood up in his naturally robotic manner, "Excuse me."

Y/n released a breath she didn't notice she was holding, "Oh my god, I thought he would never leave!"

"Glad somebody said it..."

"Speaking of things said, you and your mom were right."

Tensei perked up, "You caught him?" 

"Uh, yeah," she nodded sarcastically, "He tried to play it off too, poor guy."

"Tenya, Tenya, Tenya," he shook his head, "Kid's gotta get a grip," Y/n nodded, even though she wasn't sure what she was agreeing to. Tensei started to think out loud, "He doesn't get like this much, so he's not good at controlling himself," now she was deeply confused.