4

The next morning, y/n woke up to the familiar sound of house-cleaning music and the vacuum. Reluctantly, she dragged herself to the living room where her mother was. 

Yelling over the vacuum, her mother greeted her exhausted daughter, "Morning! Dad's out right now, but he should be back before 3!"

"Ok!" She yelled as well, "I'm gonna eat and then clean my room!"

"Go do that!"

Breakfast was quick and easy, and y/n headed to her room - viewing the piles of random stuff mixed with clothes scattered around the floor. It was currently 9:30, and she only had a couple of hours to get it done, so she picked a pile and got started. 

Multiple loads of laundry and sweat later, she was done with her room and she took a quick break. Her mom was scrubbing down the kitchen, making everything spotless, and y/n entered the room to grab a small snack - quickly stopped by her mother.

"Wait! There's bleach on the floor, get shoes."

She turned around and grabbed a pair of flip-flops from her closet, "That's why it smells so nice in here..." After her snack break, she grabbed a couple of cleaning products from the linen closet and placed them in the bathroom. She sprayed every surface imaginable with cleaner and scrubbed until her knees were hurting from the tile and her arms were sore. Finally, she was done with the bathroom and helped with the rest of the kitchen like her mom said the night before. 

"Alright, it's 1:45 and I still have to take a quick shower and get dressed..." 

In record time, she got the dishes into the dishwasher and hopped into the shower - this time not needing to wash her hair, but rinsed it with water for good measure. Y/n got dressed and completed her routine, not needing to rush as much as yesterday. By the time she stepped out of her the bathroom after brushing her teeth, she saw her Mom and Dad sitting at the table, finally relaxing with a cup of fresh, hot coffee. 

Y/n checked the time on her phone, seeing it was 2:50, "He should be here any minute now..."

Right on cue, a knock was heard at the door, and her mother rushed out of excitement and opened the door. Instead of her greeting him, he bowed immediately, "Mrs. L/n, thank you so much for having me over."

"Oh, stop it! We're so glad you could come..." She would have said more, but y/n never told her what his name was.

"Iida Tenya."

"...Iida! It's so great to meet you."

"The pleasure is all mine." 

Y/n's mom was easily flattered by his politeness, "Please, come in, make yourself at home!"

"Thank you very much!" Iida spotted her dad sipping on coffee and greeted him as well, "Thank you, Mr. l/n, for having me over," He bowed.

"Of course, Iida."

"Hello, l/n. Nice to see you again," He greeted.

"You too..." She smiled awkwardly.

Her mom observed and held in her excitement as much as she could, "Please, sit!" She motioned towards the free chair next to y/n. "When she asked me if you could come over, I couldn't say no!"

"I'm glad you didn't," He joked. 

"Iida has a sense of humor?! SINCE WHEN?"

Her mom laughed, and Iida continued, "My mother too was thrilled when I informed her of l/n's visit." Y/n made a face as she realized their moms weren't different at all, "Your daughter was a pleasure to have over, so there's no need to worry."