Chapter Forty~ Hot Springs

Start from the beginning

'Yes, she will be perfect for my little lion cub' She thought to herself.

"I will be heading up now" The female spoke, drawing attention towards her.

The white haired female unhesitantly walked towards the Volcano. Snapping her fingers she summoned her Grimoire.

" Elemental Wind Magic: Wind current" She chanted. A strong gust of wind pushed the female up the Volcano in a curvy line, avoiding the spewing Lava.

The others were surprised at how she even managed to venture on the dangerous terrain so easily. 

Charlotte and Yami started to move forwards with there own mana as well.

'Tch. If I try to duck out, Sisgoleon's probably gonna come after me...Looks like I'm doing this' The dark magic user thought to himself.

'Why did Lady Mereoleona bring ,me along, too? I have no choice. I'm starting to sober up, too. If I can't cross this mountain, I'll disgrace women everywhere...' Charlotte wore an indifferent expression,

"The Captains are amazing! And that rookie, she is also keeping up with them! This Lava ain't doing nothing to them!" One the the Magic Knights from the Crimson Lions commented.

"More importantly, how are they able to move like that in a place like this?!" Another questioned.

"That's amazing! Go Y/N!" Asra cheered.

" I've figured it out! That's Mana skin! As expected from her!" Leopold gazed lovingly at his love.

To some extent, all Magic Knights use their mana to boost their physical abilities when fighting. One fundamental spell in wish this ability can be accomplished is called, Mana Skin.

" Mana skin? Sure, every magic knight uses that technique. But sustaining it for so long in a harsh environment like this, We can't figure it out that fast!" One of the Crimson Lions exclaimed.

"No, it will work! I did it before in training, " Leopold caught everyone's attention, " We need to feel for it, little by little, adapt the mana here, and reach the summit before we use up our magic!" He envelopes his body in red mana, " We've gone soft, so this is the perfect environment to retrain ourselves! Let's go!"

"Yeah!" The Crimson Lions agreed.

Y/N took a peek to the people below, hoping that they caught onto the mana skin. A small smile spreads across her lips when she see's the smiling faces of the Crimson Lions with red hues surrounding them.

Behind them, Yuno's body gets surrounded with an emerald hue as he finally starts making his way up the Volcano.

Everyone soon had mana skin and ran up the Volcano with everyone else. Asta was the only one who couldn't produce mana skin so he used the power of his Grimoire and natural strength to soar up the Volcano.

'Finally' She couldn't help but think as she made it to the top.

The white haired female wipes the single sweat from her forehead and stood next to Mereoleona. 

"AHHA! I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!" Mereoleona's booming voice praised the female, " After all, that's what I would expect from my future sister-in-law!"

"Wha-"

" I'm headed head first into the lava!" Asta shouted.

"You're not going to help him?" Charlotte asked the dark magic user.

"There is no need. The anti-magic overflowing from his body isn't heading towards the lava. It's headed towards her fierce magic..." Yami puffed out some smoke from his lips. He saw Mereoleona standing with a grin as she awaited for Asta.