"No," he said grumpily. "Don't touch me."

"So like, what are you doing in Mexico anyways?"

"I said no," he snapped. "I don't want to talk to you."

"And alone," she continued. "Don't you have a girlfriend or something?"

Chase quickly sat up at the remark and trailed a finger seductively down his chiselled chest. "Why do you ask," he said with a smirk. "Are you interested?"

"Oh God," she groaned. "I was asking out of polite conversation. Would you get over yourself? I'm. Not. Interested. You're as attractive to me as a sweaty male locker room is to a feminist lesbian." She paused and stared at him for a second before adding, "That means I find you repulsive Chase, in case you're too stupid to understand."

"Okay, I get it," he grumbled dejectedly. "Vividly. I was just screwing around. Relax. Don't have to act like you're PMSing."

Exhaling a breath of exasperation, Krislynn rolled her eyes. "I'm just going to take that as you don't have a girlfriend," she mumbled. "I don't even know why I asked. Why would anyone in the world want to be your girlfriend anyways?"

The remark seemed to hit him somewhere deeper and his eyes fluttered close as he leaned back on the headboard. "No girlfriend," he admitted with a hint of sadness in his voice.

Krislynn raised her eyebrows with curiosity. She worked as a social worker back in Canada and was extremely keen on picking up people's emotions and there was something in Chase's voice as he said that that didn't quite sit well with her. "Well do you have someone you like?" She asked.

"Why are you so nosy?" He muttered.

"She doesn't like you back, does she?"

His nose flared as his eyes sprung open and glared at her. Sighing, he brought his knees up and crossed his arms on top of them before laying his head down. "She's one of my best friends' fiancée," he murmured.

"Ouch. That totally blows."

"I know," he groaned. "I can't even try to pursue her."

"So you're here on heart break?" She laughed lightly. "Pun completely intended."

"I guess," Chase mumbled, not exactly sure why he was telling her all of this. "He sort of left town. She was lonely and maybe a bit drunk. I was... stupid. Anyways, we slept together. Now she wants to pretend like nothing happened so I left L.A for a breather."

"Wait, let me get this straight! You were sober and you slept with your best friend's fiancée?"

"Yeah."

"WHY?" She screamed.