"I can only do this if you come with me. I don't know if it's a good idea if the kids come. It's going to be a lot for me and I can only imagine how they are going to take it." Thea said and quickly wiped away a tear that escape her eye before I could.

"I'll talk to them and see how they feel. You call the tribute people back and tell them you will do it and I will take care of everything else my love." I said and stood from my seat and pulled her into a hug. It was a bit awkward with the high difference and Thea still sitting down but I made it work and pulled Thea tightly into me to make sure she felt it.

When I pulled away Thea gave me a kiss and picked up her phone and walked down the hall to her office. Once I heard the door close I sighed and rubbed my head before picking up my own phone and started to make all the necessary arrangements. When Preston and Sammie came home that night, I sat them down and spoke to them about Thea's plan. Both of them wanted to come with us, wanting to be able to give their mother some extra comfort on a day that they both know will be hard for her.

So with everything set, the only thing left to do is go. The start of the school year was a tamer version as we all wanted to give Thea some extra peace and comfort at home to not stress her out even more. Everything seemed to be working fine and then finally the time came. We are going down to New York City a day early so we can settle in and not have to rush the next morning as we all have to be up extra early for the ceremony. For once I used my name and it opened some doors and a few favors. I managed to get us a private jet to fly us down to the city and a booked us a suite at the Four Seasons Downtown. A car service picked us up from the airport after we landed and brought us right to the hotel so we could get settled in.

After we got settled in, it was still only late afternoon. Preston and Sammie played on their phones mostly as a way to not get in our way as we unpacked the little we brought with us. Once it was done, Thea said she wanted to take us over to the sight before tomorrow morning. So we all got ready and we filed out of the hotel room and took a walk. My hand grabbed Thea's and held onto it tightly as we walked down the block to the reflecting pools. Both Preston and Sammie have never seen it before. They were both mesmerized by the two building foot prints forever to be remembered in the ground. They kind of led the way, we just followed behind them along the pools.

When we came around one of the pools, Thea and I took a seat on one of the benches and watched as Preston and Sammie continued to look around. Thea didn't have much to say but she held on tightly to my hand. She is wearing her dads NYPD wind breaker today even though it is a warm September day.

"I wish that heaven had visiting hours, you know. Just to be able to get to get the chance to talk to them even if it was just for one more day, hell I would even take an hour." Thea said and turned her head towards me. I couldn't see her eyes as she is wearing sunglasses but I know just from the tone of her voice she is fighting back tears. I bit the inside of my cheek hard to try not to cry right here and now. I managed one deep breath and squeezed her hand.

"I know baby, just to be able to get to stop by and ask for their advice and have that peace of mind of getting to still talk to them and listen to their answers." I said and wiped a tear that escaped from the bottom rim of Thea's sunglasses.

"Fuck, I don't know if I can do this." Thea said and pulled her hand away from mine and started to wipe them on her pant legs.

"Yes you can Thea, you have come all the way here. You can do this; I know you can. We are going to be all right behind you helping you through it." I said and rubbed her back trying to calm her down.

Preston and Sammie both came over to us then and they surrounded Thea. They both wrapped their arms around her and didn't let go until Thea pulled away from them. That's when I knew it was a good idea for them to join us on this trip. After Thea collected herself, we got up from the bench and made our way back to the hotel. We ordered room service for dinner and just watched Mulan together before the kids went into their side of the suite to get ready for bed. Thea didn't say much as we got ready for bed ourselves. When we got under the covers together, Thea came over to me and laid her head on my chest and I held onto her tightly.