Falling in love again

Hello everyone, how are you? I apologize in advance for any grammatical errors in this chapter, but as you know (or at least I think) I am Italian and not English.
Ps. There are some spicy scenes. Enjoy your reading :)

"Ever since we were in the army, when I looked at you briefly thinking that you didn't notice it.. I always loved you"

When I turned to his direction, I found him kneeling, his hands firmly around a black box, containing an immense diamond. We were on the building where exactly a year ago we had our first kiss.

Many things have changed since then. Steve and I started seeing each other and getting to know each other in other ways. And as far as I thought it was impossible to love again, I fell in love with him immediately.

"One good thing came out of our time apart, i got to fall in love with you twice in one lifetime"

"Steve"

"I loved you for about seventy years, without ever losing the ardor of the feeling I have for you. Every day, as much as possible, my heart became more and more yours and I'm sorry to be so honeyed, but y/n I love you in the most sincere way that you can love a person. I am yours, body and soul. And I will always be and surely yours"

"Steve" the tears began to surround my eyes, going down hot along my cheeks now reddened by emotion.

"All my life I've been your best friend, your confidant, the shoulder you cried on for years. But I would like to be something else, because this is no longer enough for me. I want more y/n. I want a certainty. I want to be your husband and I want you to be my wife. I want you to be the mother of my children, if one day you want to have them too. I want to grow old with you and love you until my last breath. Marry me y/n and make me the happiest man in the world"

For a long time I believed that our relationship would always be that of two simple friends.. But as time passed, something in me began to change. I didn't immediately realize that what I felt for him was actually love. It all started slowly. I started to get jealous when his eyes landed on someone other than me, or if the girls approached him to ask for his number. But it wasn't these things in particular that made me realize I was in love. I finally realized that when I saw him kissing another person, when I realized that my heart could be broken into multiple pieces, when I saw all the happiness that had accumulated in my life pass away simply in a second. I loved Steve, even before things changed between us, I loved him without even knowing it and maybe that's how you really love a person.. when you don't have specific reasons to love another person, but you just love him.. for what he is, for how he makes you feel. When I am with him I feel at home, safe and well as I haven't felt for too long now.

"I'll marry you"

I approached him decisively and pressed my lips against his. His hands made room under my clothes, strongly tightening my bare skin. I bit his lower lip slightly, while I tried to untie his tie with my hands. When I started to unbutton the first button of his shirt, he took my hands and raised them over my head.

"Not here" he whispered in my ear, and then started kissing my neck with passion "I booked a room right in this place".