Always by your side

Hi everybody, good reading :)

-

Y/n's pov

I've always been taught that lying is wrong, especially for a goddity. Lies make you weak, because you're unable to admit your mistakes. Maybe telling a little lie it'ill seem fair to you in the first place, because you will think no one's gonna be hurt; but the truth is that over time you will wear yourself out inside, because you know you were wrong. I don't know why Loki lied that night, maybe he was jealous of me. When our father told us that one day one of the three of us would become the new ruler of Asgard, Loki knew that it would be me. I was stronger and smarter than my brothers, i managed to command my father's entire army when I was only 8 years old.

Loki has deprived me of my life and for that I will never forgive him.

"Y/n, Steve arrived" Natasha told me distracting me from my thoughts "let him in" I replied and then see her leave the room in which I have been living for almost a year. I haven't seen Steve, for about seventy years if we can put it that way. I no longer remember his laugh or the precise color of his eyes. I don't know what I can feel in seeing him again, maybe I hate for not looking for me or happiness in seeing a friendly face again.

I keep thinking, as the door to my room swings open and I see him there, motionless to see that I am whole. With shining eyes he walks towards me, stopping so close that our noses almost touch. He runs his knuckles over my cheekbone and I hear him smile. "I thought you weren't real" he said before hugging me. I stood still. I didn't want to seem heartless, even though now I feel like I don't have it anymore; one part took Bucky with him, the other was destroyed by the memory of my past.

 I didn't want to seem heartless, even though now I feel like I don't have it anymore; one part took Bucky with him, the other was destroyed by the memory of my past

I saw him break away from the embrace and take a worried expression "are you okay?" he asked me and I nodded. He took my face with his hands making me look in his eyes "I know you too well y/n, I know you're lying..tell me what's wrong" I took his hands off my face and turned back "why didn't you looked for me?" was the only thing I wanted to know.

He looked at me badly "you are kidding I hope..I looked for you even though they told me you were dead, for months I thought I saw you. I was going out almost crazy because I knew you weren't real, that I could no longer touch you, see you, know that you are okay. I have suffered more than anything else in the world thinking I have lost you".

At his words I felt guilty for having accused him unfairly, so I approached him and held him close to me, so strong that I felt his heartbeat suddenly accelerate.

"I missed you so much" I said still leaning against his chest "you too" he replied and then kissed me on the forehead.

-

Steve's pov

She is alive.. i am looking at her, for an indefinite time to say the least, trying to grasp every little feature of her. Maybe I'm afraid of really losing her or more simply I want to pay attention to every single particularity. Her cheeks are always pinkceous and the color is accentuated every time she wrong something or when she gets embarrassed, as when Bucky forced her to dance in front of the other soldiers and she, unfortunately, is completely incapable; her lower lip is totally chapped because she always bites it when she is stressed; her eyes are big and she knows how to use them to get whatever she wants.

I never realized how well I knew her, perhaps because it seemed natural to me to know these things about her. She has always been like an open book to me, so good, but at the same time fearless and courageous, a little awkward but loyal. I understand why Bucky fell in love with her simply through letters. She is unique.

And now, seeing her in front of me, I feel selfish in rejoicing that my best friend was unable to marry her..

-

Y/n's pov

Together with Steve, Natasha and Fury, I'm heading towards the avenger tower. I will finally see my brothers, if I can still define them as such..we go through the elevator doors and I find myself surrounded by a series of people.

"Ladies and gentlemen, they are y/n y/l/n and Steve Rogers" Fury said, introducing us to the rest of the group. "Why are they here?" A charming man came up to us "we are heroes" Steve blurted out annoyed.

"A hero? Like you? You're a laboratory experiment, Rogers. Everything special about you came out of a bottle. And you y/n.. Thor told us about you, we don't want people like you here, you are capable of killing your family members during the night".

I glared at him and approached him taking him by the collar of his shirt. I made him stand up until his feet off the ground "I don't know who you are and I don't even really care, but allow yourself to insult me and Steve again and I will reduce you to a pulp. I don't know how Thor and Loki behave with you, but know that I am a hundred thousand times worse" I told him and then let him go. "where is Thor?" I asked a frightened little boy.

"I-I n-not .." he stammered "I'm here".

 I turned and saw him, he didn't know what to do, whether to approach or not

I turned and saw him, he didn't know what to do, whether to approach or not. My breath stopped as he began to advance towards me, he wrapped me in his arms but I immediately backed away. I wiped a tear that was in danger of falling and looked at him with hatred "you can't hug me, you don't have the right" I yelled in his face, my face turned red and my hands trembled with agitation.

"Can we talk about it in private?" He asked me in a hoarse voice "I have nothing to tell you Thor" he tried to take me by the hand but I walked away again.

"Listen to my heart oh little star, the moon is watching me bright up there. The little y/n flies up in the sky, she will always be the strongest goddess of the day" sang Thor "do you remember it? I always sang it to you when you were sick..I've sung it every night since they sent you away" he stopped and moved closer to me, taking my face "I know you hate me..but I need you to listen to me. You have always been like the greatest love of my life, my soul mate, my point of reference. When you left I felt lost and I swear to you that I tried to make our father think thousands of times but he never believed me. He believed Loki, because the evidence with which he framed you were too many and I must admit that initially I believed it too, but then I thought about it..you were too strong not to be able to control yourself, it was impossible that you had tried to kill Loki, you loved Loki as much as you loved me. Then I realized, Loki has always been jealous of you, of your powers, of our relationship..".

"If you knew the truth, why did you lie to Fury?" I asked "because I wasn't sure of my theory, but now, looking at you I know I was an idiot to let you go".

"And Why didn't you come to get me?".

"Actually, I've come down to earth several times to see you... you always seemed so happy that I couldn't help but step aside. I let you go believing you couldn't be as happy in Asgard with me. You couldn't see me, but I've been there for many important events in your life. For your twentieth birthday, I was there to see you blow out candles and kiss a boy, the same one who asked you to marry him when the sun went down. I was there when you became an agent and also when you were adopted. I was there when you cried, tucked you up at night and stroked your face when I was sure you were asleep. I loved you y/n in the most natural way there is, as an older brother can love his sister, unconditionally. I've always been there, even when you didn't notice, I was always ready to protect you ".

-

Let me know if you're enjoying the story and if you want me to continue it :)