A new beginning

Hello everyone, sorry if it took me time..have a good reading :)

-

1 year and 5 months later..

Dear Bucky,
I spent these last years of my life hoping that somehow you could come back to me, that one day I would wake up and find you at my side as it used to be..but over time I learned to understand that there are people who simply are not destined to be part of our lives, as much as we would like it. Maybe we weren't meant to be together, or maybe our time was limited from the beginning. But I don't regret anything, I loved you with every single part of me, knowing feelings I didn't know I needed. Loving you has been a privilege for me, but over the years this love, which I have towards you, has done nothing but consuming me inside, day by day. And no matter how difficult it is to let go of the person you love, I can no longer live hoping that you can come back to me..so I will go on with my life with the awareness that I can never see you again. With this letter, my love, I say goodbye forever.

"Are you ready?" Natasha asked me, leaning against the door jamb wearing a beautiful black and white dress. There would have been a party tonight, but I wasn't willing to go there, even if she didn't seem to want to understand it. "What are you still doing in pajamas and above all, what are you writing?" she took the letter out of me from under my eyes. As soon as she finished reading it, she smiled, alternating his gaze from me to the letter and the other way around. "so?" I asked in an annoyed tone, while i was tearing the letter from her hands. "It was time, finally, for you to move forward. I've heard you cry for Bucky for over two years... "I put a hand on her mouth to make her stop talking.

"Stop it or I'll start again" I told her sarcastically, while she rolled her eyes "I'm happy anyway, you can finally give Steve a chance"

"Steve? What does Steve have to do with it?" I asked embarrassed "come on y/n, I saw how you have gotten close lately. He loves you and I think you love him too, don't you?"

"I-I.. I'm very happy to have a friend like Steve. When Bucky died, I died a little too, along with him. I fell into darkness. Steve helped me, taught me to love sunsets because he argued that you couldn't live in perpetual darkness. So I found myself "

"Y/n, I asked you a question, don't go around it, do you love Steve?" she asked, placing her hands on my shoulders and carefully looking at my every change of expression.

I asked myself this question a hundred times. I've always seen Steve as a friend, denying him the possibility of being anything more. I approached him initially, because I wanted to meet Bucky and I knew he was like a brother to James. But the more time passed, the more I bonded with Steve, for who he is.

Maybe I've never thought of Steve in another way because I've always been blinded by my love for Bucky, but if the circumstances had been different, if Bucky hadn't been a part of my life, maybe I could have fallen in love with Steve. He is so sweet and good to me and he needs a person to take care of him, who complains when he says 'language', who challenges him in racing and always loses against him, he needs a person who makes him laugh, as only I know how to do.. I have never been able to see Steve and Peggy well together, because he was right for me and I for him..