x

Maia knew she was close to giving up, she was close to the flight leaving her body and submitting to HYDRA

Maia knew she was close to giving up, she was close to the flight leaving her body and submitting to HYDRA. She didn't want that, she tried to hold on to memories of her sister and family but they were fading away but Maia was becoming broken. The endless days and nights were getting to Maia, the repetitive motions of her to day to day tasks she was starting to become sick from eating so much Oatmeal as they haven't sent her on an assignment for a while which shocked Maia.

Her mind was wandering while she was sitting on her bed when she suddenly felt off, the air felt thicker. She raised her head and tilted her head, she could faintly hear lots of heartbeats all of sudden. Maia tensed, she knew something was wrong. She quickly got up and scooted her bed in front of her door blocking the entrance it wouldn't hold but it would give Maia time to think of something.

She tensed when she heard the door break and then she heard shouts. Maia covered one of her ears and huddled herself in the corner, she heard the shouts of HYDRA agents right before they shot their guns which never failed to make Maia tense every time she heard a shot ring off.

Maia stared at the door in fear, she didn't know what they would do when they found her. She didn't even know who was here they could be here to kill HYDRA and leave her trapped or they wanted to kill everyone in sight and that scared Maia. "Hail HYDRA!" Maia heard that phrase over and over again followed by gunshots, the sound of the gunshots was beginning to echo in Maia's head and even when they stopped for a split second Maia could still hear them. "Is that everything?" Maia heard a woman's voice ask.

"We have rooms to check out Agent Carter then we can go, which I will be grateful for because this place is a dump." Whoever was Agent Carter replied to her, Maia stared at the door wide-eyed when she realized it was a sliding door and the bed would do nothing to protect but she had no time to worry about that because she could hear footsteps get closer towards her cell door, that's when the fear started to seep in.

"This door is locked, find the code." The woman barked right in front of Maia's door, she heard footsteps leading away from the door, Maia didn't know how long it was but she heard the same feet walk back towards the door. "I got it, dumbasses didn't know how to hide a code. It's interesting because why would they be hiding something here, it's the most hidden area in this bunker." Maia heard the snap of fingers and she heard the beeps every time someone entered the code.

When the door started to slide open Maia froze in fear, she debated on holding her heads up but that choice was taken from her when a gun was pointed at her face with a flashlight on top of it. "Put your hands up!" The soldier with the gun barked so Maia did quickly. "Fury, we found someone." Maia squinted to see what the woman was doing and saw she was holding a walkie-talkie in her hand before strapping it on her belt loop without hearing what the response was.

"Did you do this?" The woman in charge nodded towards the bed in front of the door which Maia hesitantly nodded, shockingly the woman gave her a slight smirk before snapping her fingers and two guards behind her started to scoot the bed away all while Maia had the gun still trained on her.

Maia's fingers itched to grab the gun that was inches from her face when the guards or soldiers moved the bed back out of the way. "Don't even think about it." The guard holding the gun towards her face barked, Maia pressed her lips together and looked at him angrily. She wasn't scared anymore, she didn't want to go with them. "Cuff her." The woman motioned to Maia, Maia heard the woman's heart beating quickly and she smirked slightly.

Everyone in the cell with Maia was scared, they didn't know what she was capable of and Maia was using that to her advantage. Maia put her wrists together and the guard hesitantly snapped a pair of mechanical-looking restraints on her before dragging her into a standing position. Maia quickly tried to bite the one who was holding her hands but she was yanked back by her ponytail. "Stop that and put a bag over her head, Jesus." The woman in charge said snapping her fingers at the guard who did it. Her hair was released before a black bag was put over her head, she could still see on the other side but they didn't know that so she kept silent.

"What are we gonna do with her Agent Carter?" One of the guards that were holding on to her forearm said to the woman who was in charge. "We're gonna take her back to S.H.I.E.L.D." Agent Carter said snapping her fingers and they started walking, well Maia was more dragged at first because she tried to plant her feet but the two men holding her were too strong for Maia to do anything against.

Maia shivered when she felt the cold air on her body, she was glad that HYDRA gave her plain shoes to wear or her feet would be cold when she touched the air. She tensed when the arms raised her into a truck and forced her to sit on a hard bench. "Place her in room 42, I'll talk to her when I get back." Agent Carter said before Maia heard the door's shut, Maia's hand clenched as she realized she was alone.

"Don't try anything, Agent." She felt the muzzle of a gun press against her side, she noticed that the last part was said with venom. "I wasn't an Agent," Maia said bitterly. "What?"

"I was a prisoner."

NOTES:

NOTES:

PART ONE IS COMPLETED!!

Witness Marks will be back either when I've completed a story or another story gets put on hold but for now, we will have to say Goodbye to Maia, just for a little bit ;)

Thank you again to starfragment for allowing me to write this and I hope I made you proud so far.