***

Side by side, Mary and Judith stroll through the cobblestone building of Zeta Kappa Delta with their bags slung over their shoulders. Other blondes and brunettes pass them in the main entrance, some heading upstairs and others strolling towards the living room to their left.

Mary guides her up the flight of mahogany stairs to their right and Judy glances behind them at the chattering women in the living room.

"My room is just down the hall to the left," she tells her as they continue down the floor. Each door is open but only a few are inhabited. They stop at the only closed door and Judy notices the necktie around the knob. "I don't have time to change. I should've done it before we left. Could you put my bag away for me?"

"Uh, sure thing." She drops her luggage into Judith's arms. "How long is your lecture?"

"It's supposed to be an hour but sometimes my professor eats a sandwich before our class starts and with his cheese intolerance, it's always shortened to half an hour," she informs her with an annoyed huff. "I'll see you later."

Judith watches her walk away and when she reaches the stairs, she turns her head to the door in front of her. She holds the baggage under her left arm, then turns the marble knob in her right hand.

The door creaks open but the panicked voices behind it are louder. Her eyes widen at the sight of a pale, shirtless man with a blanket over his bottom half. He draws his toned body off of the woman underneath him.

"Who are you," she yells, tugging at the comforter to shield her exposed chest. Their ivy green eyes are locked on her.

"Close the door," he also shouts with narrowed eyes. Hurriedly, she drops the duffle bag and her backpack against the wall to the right of the arch.

"I'm so sorry," she rushes the words from her mouth and quickly pulls the doors shut, inevitably slamming it. With the knob in hand, she takes a deep breath to calm her nerves, then returns to the first floor.

"I'll just go take a walk around campus," she mumbles to herself. Judith exits the sorority and the short breeze caresses her face, eliciting a smile.

She continues down the path and makes her way to the activity center next to the main building. A group of towheads is handing out flyers and buttons for a campus presidential campaign, but when Judy approaches their stand, the leader stares at her with contempt in her baby blues.

"What're you doing," she asks, looking at Judy from her afro to her dolphin shorts.

"I was planning on supporting your campaign but something tells me that you don't want my help." She glances at her friends, then at Judith.

"Why don't you and Godzilla walk away before you drive away votes that actually matter." She fans her away, then quickly smiles at a balding man in a grey plaid blazer on Judith's right.

With knitted brows, she turns around and flinches when she notices Jerome towering over her. He's wearing a grey university sweatshirt and matching sweatpants.

"God, you're – you're gonna spring up on someone and give them a heart attack." He chuckles at her remark. She walks past him and he follows behind her.

"I'm sorry," he tells her. "I didn't recognize you, but I was intrigued and decided I should come and introduce myself."

"You were intrigued by a girl who you couldn't recognize out of a sea of other people?" She narrows her eyes at him, a slight smile appearing on her face. She stops walking, then stands in front of him. "So where were you seated when you saw me?"