Part 1

A few days earlier...

Lou's PoV:
Lou startled from sleep when a loud clack could be heard from outside on his door lock.

No, not at the lock...

At the mail slot?!

He got up quietly and listened, but the noises were gone and so he crept out of his room and into the corridor.

It had been a few days since Cole had come to the hospital and Lou had sent him this message, and until now he hadn't wasted a single thought on his son.

But all of a sudden, after he had heard these noises and as if he knew that it had something to do with it, his thoughts jumped to him.

"I hate him", he thought bitterly. "He is no longer my son"

That were the words he convinced himself to believe.

Because something inside him still loved his boy, but he suppressed the feeling angry.

"He betrayed me and lied to me", Lou whispered to himself while he switched on the light and was amazed to find a letter in his apartment that must have just fallen through the slot.

"He is a monster"

"He is your son"

He picked it up and opened it.

"Mr. Hence,
Here is your personal invitation to join a community that is fighting for more than you can imagine, that has more to offer than you think, that is fighting for the peace of Ninjago!"

Lou read this part of the invitation several times and was surprised.

"How do they know who I am and where I live? And who even are 'they'?"

"Is Ninjago in need of other protectors now? Are the ninja really not good for anything?"

"Why me?"

His mind swirled as he read on.

"Don't worry, nobody will see your face with us, our warriors wear masks to protect their private lives ..."

"Warriors? Did they invite more?" Lou wondered and read on.

"Come to the old bridge at the zeinriver tomorrow at midnight, if you are with us"

No signature.

"Funny", he mumbled.

Who would be stupid enough to join a weird commimunity that fights?

Well, wouldn't hurt anyone if he visits the appointed place tomorrow night and take a look on this stupid sect.

What should happen, what could go wrong?

The next day, Lou could hardly sit still, because there was no denial: He really was excited and nosy for what will happen tonight.

He was rehearsing with his singing group, but the could hardly concentrate, so he stopped singing mid-sentence as his tune was off.

"Maybe we should stop the rehearsal for today", said Charles, a slightly younger man with long brown hair and eyed Lou carefully, worry in his eyes.

"Is it because of Cole?", he asked quietly and gave Lou a caring look.

"Uh what?" Lou asked, shaking his head to get it clear.

"Well, you are so distracted today", remarked Jamie, a corpulent, but absolutely caring and nice member of the "Royal Blacksmith's".