Chapter 3

Hao Mei was lying on the couch, his eyes closed and his fingers massaging his temples in an attempt to get rid of the headache that was plaguing him since the late afternoon.

It had started as a little throbbing during the last hour of work and had gotten worse during the grocery shopping they had done because of KO's announcement that "the day living off air, love and snacks from street vendors are over."

He could hear KO rummaging around the kitchen preparing dinner and while the smell was amazing and making his mouth water, the sound of vegetables being chopped and pots being moved around did nothing to relieve his headache. He tried to drown it out, but his mind kept focusing back on the male working in the kitchen...

Hao Mei opened his eyes, noticing he had dozed off for a few minutes, and looked up at KO standing in front of him. The taller one nudged his shoulder slightly, urging him to move to the side before he took a seat close enough to Hao Mei so the smaller one could rest his head in his lap.

Hao Mei wanted to protest but immediately let out a content sigh when he felt KO's fingers gently massaging his temples.

It amazed him how KO was not only an amazing cook and master hacker, no, he also gave the most amazing head massages as well! Was there anything the man didn't excel in?

"Hmmm... What about the food?" he muttered as KO's fingers moved in slow circles from his temples to his forehead.

"Simmering. It can do without me for a while," KO answered, and Hao Mei felt like he could hear the silent 'compared to you' that was implied.

He opened his mouth to ask the other one what the hell that was supposed to mean, but the comment died on his lips when he cracked open an eye and saw the content smile on KO's face."This is amazing," Hao Mei sighed a few minutes later, breaking the silence, when KO's hands moved to an especially sweet spot behind his ears.

KO's fingers gave a gentle rub and pressed in with just the right pressure.

Hao Mei felt like wax in the other one's hands and just short from having his eyes roll back into his head. "Oh, yes!" he moaned silently. "Please, marry me now...!"

KO's fingers stilled for a few seconds, and Hao Mei grunted in protest.

When KO's fingers remained still, Hao Mei opened his eyes and blinked up at the other man. "What?" he asked and for a few moments focused on the room surrounding them, trying to catch any weird sound or smell that might have distracted KO.

But the only sounds he heard were the low bubbling and sizzling of the food sitting on the stove and the faint rumble of traffic from the street below the window.

"Nothing," KO finally said, and Hao Mei's focus returned to his friend.

KO's fingers started moving again, this time in small, gentle strokes, and his dark eyes watched Hao Mei with an intensity that let any comment the smaller one might have had on his mind disappear.