Chapter 1

"I plan on living here. I'll cook. I'll do the dishes. I'll mop the floor. I'll do the laundry. I'll do everything. Do you want me to live here?"

Hao Mei was frozen in his seat, staring in KOs piercing eyes. He had not seen this coming.

Maybe he had hoped it somewhere deep in his heart when he opened the door to KO standing there not just with the two bags full of groceries but also heavy luggage on his back.

He might have even hoped it the second he came up with the idea to offer his spare room to a second party. Hell, maybe it was never really about a "second party" but had been intended for KO to begin with.

After all, all his other friends had their own places one way or another. Only KO still slept in the eatery, and it had plagued Hao Mei to think about how a guy so tall could sleep in a bed so small.

KO was programming with them during the day and still worked every other evening at the eatery to ensure he had a roof over his head. Hao Mei couldn't watch his friend work himself to an early grave.

So yes, he had finally put that money to good use, bought a place for himself (and another one to rent out, just to ensure long-term financial security) and he had thought about bringing it up to KO somehow.

In the end the opportunity was taken from him when Banshan and Yonghou had found his apartment papers... Feeling the need to calm the crowd down and settle the issue somehow without having things turn weird with everyone knowing how well off he was, he had blurted out the offer of someone moving in with him.

When KO didn't raise his voice, he had felt disappointed, to be frank.

It might be exaggerated a bit, but Hao Mei considered KO his closest friend by now. Whenever he needed someone to rant to about his life, KO was there. Whenever he was in some kind of trouble, KO came to his rescue. They worked together, ate together, drank together... And even when Hao Mei was at his worst, KO would still stick around. They had a connection, for god's sake!

So Hao Mei had felt gutted when KO didn't even make proper eye contact when he had put the proposal to live with him on the table. Hao Mei had been so disappointed he had left early and gone home to sulk.

He hadn't even put away his shoes or clothes properly, just had left them where they had fallen before drinking some more and trying to drown out his disappointment with sleep.

And sleep he did - by the time the doorbell woke him, it was already 3:30.

But KO hadn't really been disinterested - he had worked on an action plan!

Hao Mei felt a grin forming on his face. Despite what he had thought before, KO did want to live with him, enough even to get the foot in the door before anyone else by just showing up on Hao Meis doorstep uninvited.

And bribing him with the most delicious food - so Hao Mei had solid reasons to choose KO above the others.