Chapter 2

Hao Mei slowly tuned into consciousness. Too lazy to open his eyes yet, he just took in his surroundings with his other senses.

He could hear the soft bustling from the street in front of the window and felt the warmth of the sun on his face. He noticed his left foot was cold and naked. He most probably lost his sock during sleep. The rest of his body was warm though, especially his middle.

He felt comfortable and relaxed and snuggled deeper into bed.

And then he stilled.

His mattress was soft, and the sheets on it normally cool to the touch. However, the furnace he snuggled into now was firm, and he could feel the heat radiating off it. His mind raced for a second while he held his breath.

"You awake?" a voice heavy from sleep ripped him from his thoughts. And just like that, the slight panic that had overcome him disappeared and made way for a happiness that relaxed his shoulders.

Of course! KO had come over yesterday. He had cooked and done the dishes and they had brushed their teeth together and .... Slept together.

Hao Mei slowly opened his eyes, his lips parting in a yawn.

"Morning!" He smiled and looked up at KO, who was watching his movements silently. He looked relaxed and comfortable, his features still soft with sleep.

And it was a good look on him. One, Hao Mei decided, he wanted to see more often on him.

When Hao Mei stretched his body, he suddenly noticed that instead of laying next to each other, the way they had been before falling asleep, he had starfished during sleep and now pretty much laid on top of the other man, his leg thrown over KO's hip and his top half draped fully over his torso.

"Ah..." he stammered, suddenly embarrassed and self-conscious. "Sorry... I'm a lively sleeper..."

"I noticed," KO commented dryly, and his arm, which Hao Mei noticed only now was slung around his mid-section, gave him a little squeeze.

"I hope I wasn't making you too uncomfortable," he mumbled and suddenly felt very awake, unable to figure out the mixture of feelings heating his chest.

"It's just until you have your own bed. Then you won't have to deal with me chasing you around the bed anymore."

KO let out a hum and then turned his head to look at the clock standing on Hao Meis nightstand. The smaller man followed his gaze and moaned, burying his face in KO's firm chest for a second.

"We're gonna be late for work," he sighed. "You wanna shower first?" Hao Mei asked as he pushed himself up and looked down at KO, eyebrows raised.

KO watched him for a moment before shrugging. "Your hair takes longer to dry, you can go first."