(Fluff) Shifter: Strange x Reader

Jolting up, you were suddenly in a completely different room from yours. "Holy fuck," breathing out bit by bit, you made sure to calm yourself. In and out, each breath decreases your heart rate. Poking your cheek once while gazing into the mirror to your right, the duvet was pulled off to let you approach.

Checking every feature of yours, you then move to the bathroom, letting the cold water rush over. Tears start to well up. You did it. You actually did it! Celebrating was postponed as a knock emits from the door of your apartment.

"Okay, chill out, Y/n, it's not like Tony Stark's going to rock up," you give a thumbs up to your reflection, walking out and shrugging at your pajamas. Unlocking and opening said door, you look right into grey-blue eyes.

"Hel-" Stephen was met with the door slammed in his face.

"Nope, much worse," you slap your forehead, locking the door and rushing towards your room. "Yeah, not dealing with any of this right now,"

"Well you have to," a voice quips from the living room.

"MOTHER F-"

"Y/n L/n, please take a seat,"

"You know don't you," raising a finger accusingly, he gives a small nod. "Please, don't send me back, you know how long it took me to get here??"

"I am aware, so please take a seat," he points to the couch. "I'm not going to hurt you-"

"Doc, I'm more concerned about you sending me back than you throwing me out that damn window," you gesture to the view which shows Avengers tower in the distance. "Oh, shit," rushing there, Stephen holds the bridge of his nose in annoyance.

"Please, can you-"

"Yeah, yeah, hold on," admiring it for just a second longer, you then look to his glare. "Wow, grumpy much?"

"7:30 AM on a Sunday you chose to shift, of course I'm grumpy, couldn't you have done this later in the day?"

"Knowing you'd be this angry, I think I'll keep doing it," jumping onto the couch, you look at him still standing. "Have a seat,"

"Thank you," he takes the small arm chair. "Now, I'm here to ensure you have no bad intentions for this reality,"

"I'm here to annoy Stark, Rogers, and Clint, and be best friends with Peter,"

"Then we have no problems," he holds a hand out which you shake. "Will you plan to tell them?"

"Only to scare Loki and Bucky," you nudge him with a wink.

~~~

"So, that's how you send an email," you click the button for Thor who nods. Only two months in the tower and nothing but pure joy.

"Now I can send Stark my pop tart order!"

"You could just talk to him- or send a text-" but he was gone by then making you purse your lips. "I'll get Peter to teach him," you sigh, relaxing on the couch only to hear those iconic sparks only caused by portals. "Hey, Doc,"

"L/n," he holds back a smile as you wave a hand for him to join you on the couch.

"What can I do for the great sorcerer supreme today?"

"Just got a few questions, if you don't mind," instead of sitting down, he held a hand out for you to take. "Considering you haven't told them yet..." he whispers, trailing off.

"Decided to see how long it would take for them to realize something was... off," winking at him, you always feel proud for making him laugh, even slightly. "Come on, we can go to my room,"

Passing by Nat and Bucky who were fighting over plums, the two assassins look at each other with wide eyes. "They're going to fuck right?" Bucky tilts his head to peer down the hall.

"Oh yeah,"

"Okay, so," jumping onto your bed, all he did was shut the door with his foot before letting the cloak rush to your side. "Hey, buddy," you hug it tight, laughing in delight from the ticklish affection.

"I just need to know exactly why you're here and not there... Can't be that bad," he took out a notebook and pen.

"First off, it is, secondly, it's because you all don't exist there," you glance at him, confusion plastered. "How do you think I know about you all?"

"Well, I thought we were just not... in your vicinity,"

"How'd you get your PHD again?" You tease making him roll his eyes. "You're all movie and comic book characters, fictional to put it simply- Hell, my world doesn't even have magic like this,"

"Dull,"

"Exactly," you click your finger, laying back. "Comics all the way from the 1939, movies from 2009,"

"And me?" He sits down on your bed with a nonchalant interest, hopeful you wouldn't judge.

"1963 for comics and 2016 movie wise," closing your eyes, the cloak covered said eyes before opening them in a peek-a-boo manner. "Your actors name is Benedict Cumberbatch- don't even try and insult his name when yours is Stephen Vincent Strange,"

"Touche," he notes down the name. "And... what do people think about him?"

"This will then lead to you asking what people think about you, right?" You hear his embarrassed hum. "Not many people obsess over you like they do with Loki and Bucky but a fair few still do, can't blame them,"

"Can't blame them? Why not?"

"That's right, keep fishing for compliments, Doc,"

"Answers is more like it," he smirks at you, "why? can't let your own opinion slip out? Will it really offend me?"

"If incredibly handsome, charming and funny is offensive then forgive me," you gasp dramatically, sitting up and swinging your legs off the bed. "Make your conclusions from that, Stephen," casually walking to the door only for the cloak to stop you. "Come on, Bud, I need to go," you whisper urgently.

"Yeah, no," Stephen gets up and walks up. "I've made my own conclusion but I do have a few more questions," his hand rests on your shoulder as the cloak quickly slips out the room, Strange locking the door after him. "Mind answering them, sweetheart?"

~~~

Yeah- I would write the lemon but uhhhh I'm lazy

- Anna ❤️